Notices

Thread: El Senor Murphy is so cool...

1. El Senor Murphy is so cool... 
    IP
    I spent some time and a little cf on a project for Mike Murphy. Wow, he is all that cool. Murphy drove down from Canyon Lake so I could try the board at 8am on Mission Bay. I am very appreciative of the effort. Kind of stoked to see it all together with a small contribution from myself. But of course a day with Murphy in the boat is always entertaining. So nice the way he helped my single ski rider improve and gave her something to work on. There were some issues with his hybrid suit zipper. We thought he wouldn't ride. We couldn't talk him into a wet wetsuit. Then Mike got a dry spring suit out of his van and showed us what we should be able to do in a decade :) Thank you Senor Murphy.

Did I say how much I like my Next Foils two piece... shameless plug.

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Thats awesome ,I saw a video a couple weeks ago him climbing a huge tree about 50 ft in the air to get frisbe down he sure still has no fear.

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainsd View Post
    I spent some time and a little cf on a project for Mike Murphy. Wow, he is all that cool. Murphy drove down from Canyon Lake so I could try the board at 8am on Mission Bay. I am very appreciative of the effort. Kind of stoked to see it all together with a small contribution from myself. But of course a day with Murphy in the boat is always entertaining. So nice the way he helped my single ski rider improve and gave her something to work on. There were some issues with his hybrid suit zipper. We thought he wouldn't ride. We couldn't talk him into a wet wetsuit. Then Mike got a dry spring suit out of his van and showed us what we should be able to do in a decade :) Thank you Senor Murphy.

Did I say how much I like my Next Foils two piece... shameless plug.

A little over a month ago Billdango and I visited him in Canyon Lake to upgrade my equipment. I needed a Tbar, wings and a tower to mount on my new AC CF board. A couple of interesting things happened- Murphy talked me into going with his two piece Tbar even though I was willing to pay the extra $1k for a one piece (which he also had in stock). He is convinced that two piece Tbars are stronger than one piece models because the grain of the billet aluminum can be aligned to the long axis of both pieces on a two piece whereas on a one piece either the strut or the fuselage gets a cross grain. He basis this, as he said, on his decades of seeing them perform.

He also convinced me to go with his smaller "advanced" wing over his larger "pro" wing. He seems to believe that it's a better wing for all rider levels. I was able to try out both wings behind his boat to make my decision.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk