PDA

View Full Version : upgrading t-bars possibly...

Hucker84
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
My current setup is Pro SS with a Mach 2.5 front wing. Need to upgrade again because I want more air. The Launch t-bar looks like the best bet(cheapest), any thoughts?

YJim
03-18-2009, 11:59 AM
If your current 2 piece is a bolt together, you could purchase a new Launch strut from Sky Ski for ~$380.00...

Hucker84
03-18-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah it is, so there's not a huge difference between the pro and the launch fuselage? How would the ride be with just replacing the strut and keeping the rest of the pro setup?

tinyE
03-18-2009, 12:20 PM
The launch fuselage is bigger (longer), and may be wider, I can't remember.

The launch strut is longer (a lot)

The launch is significantly heavier than the pro.

but, the launch strut should work with the pro fuselage... i'd call jake to confirm, but i'll bet it works just fine.

Hawk
03-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I think the only difference is the launch has 10 bolt holes in front. The rear is the same as the ss.

YJim
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm assuming that you drilled/ tapped the 2 holes for your M2.5? Only difference between the Launch fuselage vs. the 2 piece fuselage is the Launch has 10 front holes. Your 5 front hole fuselage is more desireable. I think that you'd appreciate the longer strut but can't speak from experience.

N2Orbit
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Upgrade the rear wing to any LE style rear wing(AKA: B39 MOD) and purchase the longer strut from SkySki. These changes along with the front wing, you already have should make a huge improvement. The Mach 2.5 is a great wing it should work very well with your setup. I could make you an adapter, if you do not want to modify your fusalage.

Jenksycat
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I upgraded my Pro to the B39 last year and I also ride with a Mach II front and the standard pro rear wing. YJIM modified my fuselage to fit LE style rear wings this past winter so I am looking forward to trying some new wings. The difference is night and day from the Pro to the B39 for my riding abilities, or lack there of. Good predictable ride and big air. It is a little heavy but for the money…I also ride it in the 39” position. When I first got it I rode for a couple of weeks in the 37.5” but figured I might as well use the extra length and I’m glad I did. You won’t be sorry if you upgrade.