PDA

View Full Version : hi all, this is my new foil

flyn-kiwi
04-14-2009, 02:39 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200328618456

hey, this is the board i just bought, and i added some pics for when the auction is deleted,
i purchased it from ebay, for $900, and they guy said he will send it to New Zealand, so hopefully the shipping wont kill me, i think it was an ok deal,
this is my first purchase and i have never tried the sport b4 so i hope i like it!, now i have to look around for a cinch release and non stretch rope.
the discription is that it is a sky ski pro bought in 2005 with a 29.5" t-bar,

Darkaniem
04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Good for you!! Are you able to hook up with other riders out there? That is what I would say to do. The best way to learn, is from someone that already knows how. :excited:

Yeti
04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
That is a great first ski......have fun out there.

Suicidal-Element
04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Did you buy that from Bryan Sly?????

flyn-kiwi
04-21-2009, 11:18 PM
nah, another guy called john,
man shipping is so rediculus, im looking at like $680 for shipping,
any ideas on cheaper shipping companies, that was fedex, and ups was even dearer, near $850
ouch,
ps i live in new zealand and the ski is in america

MBF21Tomcat
04-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Maybe buy a plane ticket and come get it. Those shipping prices are crazy. Anyone flying to New Zealand? Wish I were. I wonder what Sky Ski would charge to ship to you.

flyn-kiwi
04-22-2009, 04:43 AM
tell me about it,
so now im looking at about $1500 usd for the ski, first im gona try and find out how much a new one here costs, il have to try find a place that sells them here first, and make sure that it is still good value for money, and make sure a new one isnt of similar price, (cant see it being the case tho but you never know)

Lanier Foiler
04-22-2009, 05:29 AM
I was afraid you would run into that. My company does a bit of international shipping. We usually get the best rates from Bax / Schenker. I'm afraid there isn't going to be a cheap way to get it from the U.S. to New Zealand though. I would guess it would cost close to $500 for us to ship and that includes discounts we have negotaiated. Then you have customs fees and duties to consider. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Skidude
04-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I shipped a ski to Germany using the USPS and it was around $100. I would guess they would go to New Z. also.
The trick is how you package it. It has to meet certain size requirements, i.e. smaller is cheaper. I basically wrapped cardboard around each main piece instead of putting it in a box.

Good luck.

Foiler
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
USPS is the best place to use if it will fit in their size requirements. I tried to use them to send a Foiltech T-bar out of the country but couldn't meet the size limits even thought I recieved it through USPS. The incoming size limits are different then the outgoing. Your T-bar is shorter so it may very well fit the requirements if angled in the box just right. Even if shipped in 2 seperate boxes it would probably be much, much cheaper than Fedex.

flyn-kiwi
04-23-2009, 12:20 AM
hey, i just sent the guy a shipping link to a place called www.ipglobal.com (http://www.ipglobal.com)
there shipping is down around the $550 so thats a bit more of a saving,
but i gave him the link to this post/site so he can see some of your ideas, and he is selling because he is upgrading so hopefuly there might now be a new member to the forum!
cheers for the ideas guys
from logan

Lanier Foiler
04-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Actually with postal shipping each country has it's own requirements for size. This is the Espress mail maximum for New Zealand -

Maximum length: 36 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 79 inches

(girth is measuring around the package the wide way not the long way - think about measuring your waist size)

Global express guaranteed postal shipping has larger limits usually, but is is just as expensive as the commercial carriers.

Lanier Foiler
04-23-2009, 06:09 AM
By the way skidude - That $100 shipment you are talking about must have been a surface shipment. Unfortunately USPS quit doing that maybe around a year ago. I don't know any way to do surface shipments any more.

Smiley
04-23-2009, 06:32 AM
By the way skidude - That $100 shipment you are talking about must have been a surface shipment. Unfortunately USPS quit doing that maybe around a year ago. I don't know any way to do surface shipments any more.

Anybodythought of the US postel Service...I have used them with great

success. The do take oversize at a reasonable rate and they do surface

international but it is not the quickest. But you will have to get the seller

to do all the legwork. Just my 2cents worth

Foiler
04-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Anybodythought of the US postel Service...I have used them with great

success. The do take oversize at a reasonable rate and they do surface

international but it is not the quickest. But you will have to get the seller

to do all the legwork. Just my 2cents worth

Yes that is what we have been talking about when using the abreviation USPS

Darkaniem