PDA

View Full Version : o6 g38

carlestler
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I am thinking about buying a used 3 year old g38,anyone have exprience with that model?

GOTAIR
05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I am thinking about buying a used 3 year old g38,anyone have exprience with that model?

I have ridden Cliff Woodman's several times, and it is a great ride, although Cliff has FT front wing on his and GY rear wing. If you get it a good price, it will be a great foil for you.

KO1
05-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I have ridden Cliff Woodman's several times, and it is a great ride, although Cliff has FT front wing on his and GY rear wing. If you get it a good price, it will be a great foil for you.

I have ridden Cliff's GY front wing and it is nice too.

carlestler
05-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the input.

GOTAIR
05-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Your welcome. enjoy the new ride.

carlestler
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I ended up getting it! But does anyone with a G38 have preferences in set up.eg Have you Cinched out ? or Have you made tower modifications you like? or Made other improvements you could recommend? I have both stock wings forward with no shim.I ride with a lot of foot pressure to keep it down. I swapped to an extra thick seat pad to soften landings but since it goes quite a bit higher than my old cast foil my back is still kinda sore. But I like it.
Carl

Jay
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I ended up getting it! But does anyone with a G38 have preferences in set up.eg Have you Cinched out ? or Have you made tower modifications you like? or Made other improvements you could recommend? I have both stock wings forward with no shim.I ride with a lot of foot pressure to keep it down. I swapped to an extra thick seat pad to soften landings but since it goes quite a bit higher than my old cast foil my back is still kinda sore. But I like it.
CarlSweet dude! If you need to pull some lift out of it you can move your butt forward on the seat or add some shim to the rear of the rear wing.

If this is old news to you, my bad, just trying to help.:smile:

theking
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Sweet dude! If you need to pull some lift out of it you can move your butt forward on the seat or add some shim to the front of the rear wing.

.:smile:

correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but isn't the shim go at the back of the rear wing to take lift out?? front of the rear wing to increase lift??

Foiltech
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM
correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but isn't the shim go at the back of the rear wing to take lift out?? front of the rear wing to increase lift??

:smile:Come on Jay!!! In the back:slaphead:

Jay
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but isn't the shim go at the back of the rear wing to take lift out?? front of the rear wing to increase lift??:slaphead: Oops. I do know better, most of the time, I promise.

Greg
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
This explains a lot about Jays riding. :laughing: