PDA

View Full Version : CINCH Release for 2010

cinchmax
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
The CINCH Release has been extremely popular and I thank you all for that. I've had some interest in a CINCH Release that has a manual release option. I've come up with a combo that has worked real well to accomplish this. I'm using a snap shackle that is forged, 316 stainless and has a working strength of 2400lbs/ breaking strength of 4500lbs. The cast stailess shackle is much less expensive, but I'm not going there. I've done some testing and it releases under pressure quite well. I've left the swivel that comes with the standard CINCH Release in the package so the shackle would hold poistion with inverts. The only downside I see at this point is the fact that if manually released, the Release won't float without floatation. I'm working on that.
But if you want the function of the auto release of the CINCH and on occasion, need the manual feature for new tricks, this may be the ticket.
I've included a couple of pics. I've gotten some feedback, but let me know what you think.
Thanks.

OzFabs
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks good Lonnie. I've been meaning to get a release off you for a while, so once you get this into production count me in.

flyn-kiwi
06-18-2010, 07:58 PM
My Release turned up this morning, and it is a nice high quality product for a good price, good design!, as you say i have a little float i will add to it,
cant wait to get out on the lake again and running this extra safety feature now, but lets just hope i dont have to use the manual release for a while :-)
cheers for the product and service
from logan

inkster
07-30-2010, 01:13 PM
the manual release works great...Love it

docdrs
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
my buddy has one of these and it works great, why not just put a CinchMax Key Floaty on it?...or 2 if 1 won't float it