PDA

View Full Version : Fling Rear Wing

CwKoch
05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I've gotten about 5 rides now on my new Fling rear wing and really like it. I used to ride with a +2 shim(LE Bat w/ winglets), and now I don't need any shim. So far I've only ridden it with the Max Air wing, but as soon as I get around to shortening the front wing bolts, I'm going to give it a run with my Mach 2 front. The wing has lots of pop, and recovers very fast.

Also- I've had the new 2008 LE38 in water as cold as 39 degrees with no issues. I think they've gotten all the glitching issues worked out now!

hydrofoilmaniac
05-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I've gotten about 5 rides now on my new Fling rear wing and really like it. I used to ride with a +2 shim(LE Bat w/ winglets), and now I don't need any shim. So far I've only ridden it with the Max Air wing, but as soon as I get around to shortening the front wing bolts, I'm going to give it a run with my Mach 2 front. The wing has lots of pop, and recovers very fast.

Also- I've had the new 2008 LE38 in water as cold as 39 degrees with no issues. I think they've gotten all the glitching issues worked out now!

I have a 2005 LE38 that they re-tuned in Jan 2006. It had issues prior to them working it over. Since then, I've foiled in water as cold as 37F without any issues. It acts a little weird when riding directly behind the boat but I think a person can expect that. It rides GREAT with the new M3 in cold water.

AlisonG
05-15-2008, 08:38 AM
When you had your LE38 tuned, did you send it into Sky Ski?

AlisonG
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Charlie,
I have the bat back. I just got the m3. Feels like I need shim now, where I didn't feel like I needed it with the Max Air.

What are the differences between the bat and Fling, besides the winglets?

CwKoch
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Charlie,
I have the bat back. I just got the m3. Feels like I need shim now, where I didn't feel like I needed it with the Max Air.

What are the differences between the bat and Fling, besides the winglets?

I think the Mach 3, and the Mach 2.5 are moved a half bolt hole back on the t-bar, which would give them a little less lift. The bolt holes on the Max Air line up perfectly with the bolt holes on my Mach 2, which is moved forward some on the t-bar. So, that might be why you're seeing less lift with the change in front wings. (Maybe Bryan could chime in on this a little bit too.)

As far as the difference in rears, the Fling is supposed to be "hotter", or have more lift. Looking at it, you can tell there's more lift machined into it. I currently don't have any shim on my Fling, where I had a +2 before with the standard bat. I'm thinking I'm going to maybe add a tad of shim to it soon though to try it out.

I think every wing and every ski you ride is going to be a bit different....So just adjust your shims to your liking and you should be good to go!