PDA

View Full Version : Skyski Rack On Malibu Illusion G3 Tower

Glenn L
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
There was a post that had pictures of a Skyski rack mounted on a Malibu Illusion G3 tower. I did a search for it and I was unable to find the post. Any ideas on where to find the post and pictures?

This was the original post:
http://www.foilforum.com/forums/showthread.php?3423-Malibu-G3-rack-adaptors

If the original poster would resubmit the pics, it would be appreciated

CwKoch
08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Here are some pics of my setup.... Just ask Sky Ski for the slide-off adaptors for the G3 tower.... They're pretty slick because you can slide them right off like the factory racks for security, or you can slide one off if you want to throw a factory rack on for a surf board....

I made a slight modification on my tower- I replaced the standard stainless steel bolts that hold the block to the tower with a normal zinc plated steel bolt. It makes me feel a little better having stronger bolts in there since there's only 2 of them holding the rack and ski to the tower.

Glenn L
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the post

What is the boat?

Does the skiyski rack come with the 'slide on' adapter standard if the rack is ordered to suit a G3 tower?

If you had a bimini, would the foil miss bimini when rack pivots?

CwKoch
08-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the post

What is the boat?

Does the skiyski rack come with the 'slide on' adapter standard if the rack is ordered to suit a G3 tower?

If you had a bimini, would the foil miss bimini when rack pivots?

Sorry for the slow response, I've been out of town....

The boat is a Wakesetter VTX.

When you order a rack, you specify what adaptor you want. I believe the slide off is the only one available for the G3.

I'm not sure on the bimini question, but I think it would miss. The board would probably swing in underneath, the the t-bar should stay behind it....