PDA

View Full Version : The new AIR CHAIR.

Jay
05-23-2011, 09:15 AM
I called the Havasu number on the website and it went to voice mail. I want to purchase a new deck and read that some new graphics were available. I would like to see some pictures and get in touch with the boss ASAP. I also read that Xtreme is teaming up with Air Chair to bring a high performance foil assembly to their line up. I was also wondering what Air Chair plans to do with the fact that they have no high performance tower. To my knowledge anyway. I have a binding system that shaved a clean and full pound off of my feet. I also managed to remove over 1/2 a pound from my tower. Now I just need a board to get me down under 32 pounds.

Does anyone have any info on Air Chair's new contact info?

XtremeFoils
05-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Big Jay,

I do have a little info for you. :)

There will be something posted today on here detailing some of this stuff. But I'll give you a brief overview since I'm sure Nathan isn't checking Foilforum every minute:

Yes, new board graphics (all 5 of them) are SIC! And there are 5 more in the works. You'll see pictures soon.
Yes, there is a new A/C seat tower that fits the x40/le38/foiltech t-bars that is ROCK SOLID and beefy. I have yet to weigh it, but somewhere around a Evo. Carbon fiber plate comes standard. We were all amazed at how well the simple design worked and how little our backs hurt after a week of VERY hard riding and big air!

As for contact info, I'm sure that is in the works. Nathan is scrambling to get things up and running under the new "regime", so give him a little while. But it's VERY close.

I'll put this in the simplest terms:

We get there tuesday... start tuning the 4 t-bars we have on hand. It was a learning process for sure. By friday, we have them going, and the pros never even put their old skies back in the water. For big air, we all used the exact same ski. It was that huge of a step up from what we were using. So out of the top 9 places in big air, 8 of them were done on that setup. :)

There will be much more to come. But lets just say this was a HUGELY successful weekend for Airchair and hydrofoiling in general! Congrats to Nathan and all the team!

Shuey

BGA
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
yo Jay! I can't believe no one has posted pics from the event yet. It was a friggin blast! I was having so much fun that I forgot to pick up my camera and snap some pics of all the goodies.

AC does have a full set up, including the tower, coming out soon. Details will be posted ASAP.

Fern, Tor, Ty, and myself were riding the setup this weekend in the big air and all over the place. We were riding the SAME setup, with no adjustments between riders. 4 pros, 1 ski (sounds like a bad internet video). The amount of abuse that thing took over the weekend was incredible.

57.5 was verified in the big air, but we think there may be bigger from the previous evening...There was so much going on then that we left the video'in to the camera pros. May take a little longer to get that one out.

-BGA

Paul_Queen
05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
All this talk of "The New AIrchair" and not even one pic of the new tower or tbar???? Give us the pics!

Jay
05-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I spoke with Nathan and Colin. Marketing is on the fast track right now. 5 new board graphics are coming down the pipe. The website should be revamped in 2-3 weeks. As soon as the current boards are out of the photo booth Nathan will post some pictures. I'm sure we will see some from those that were at the fly-in as well. The new tower is bulky but not heavy. The weight is just a few ounces over a Skeleton with wider seat that is positioned 3/4" forward from current designs.

We have a new, enthusiastic owner, that is listening to the hydrofoilers. He is excited to engineer parts that are structurally stronger than anything available today and design it around what the hydrofoilers do to make their ski's work better for them.

After talking to Air Chair's reps. and one of the PRO riders (Al) this is truly an exciting time for the sport.

XtremeFoils
05-23-2011, 02:39 PM
There were 2 professional photographers at the event this weekend that were snapping pics around the clock. They got some AMAZING photographs!!! Which means the rest of us were busy drinking beer while they were working. I hate to say it, but I don't even have one pic of the finished product. Hopefully someone else that was at the event snapped a few closeups.

I'm sure Nathan will post something in the near future, but I will say this, I've been working with him for about 4 months now trying to get things going and in place, and belive me, I wouldn't have put all the work into all this if I didn't believe he was for real. This is going to totally change our outlook on AirChair. Nathan has done his homework and has some very key players involved in making this successful.

CwKoch
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Very exciting! Can't wait to see this new ski!

Paul_Queen
05-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Shocked that nobody took one picture to post with the big announcement. Oh well.....heres some stills I pulled out of the Ferney video.....not very good quality, but better then nothing, to see the new tower...

AirChair
05-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello all, this is Nathan from Air Chair. As you all have heard we have new graphics however there haven't been any posts due to the fact that I am waiting on the photographers to finish what they do. After all I am not good with a camera. I will have more info in another post that i am working on now

wakenup
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Will a G-38 T-bar with an A/C top fit in the new seat tower, or is it the sky ski bolt pattern or some thing different ?

Woops nevermind, just read above post.

JakeBradley
05-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Sounds like the new setup is getting dialed! Enough torque to hit 64 without a kick? Wha?!...
I'm pumped to have a very similar ride out here in China doing a show at the base of an aircraft carrier.
Representin'!
Looking forward to seeing the progression of the sport and success of the collaboration of AC and the Pro Team.

BGA
05-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Dude, is that Jake Bradley doing a skidder? Definitely a unique place to 'foil, way cool.

The new setup is legit amigo! Gotta check it out.

JakeBradley
05-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Dude, is that Jake Bradley doing a skidder? Definitely a unique place to 'foil, way cool.

The new setup is legit amigo! Gotta check it out.

I'll try to get some GoPro of the show, we've got a motorized dolphin. So sic.

Looking forward to checking the new setup out man! Keep things big on the home front.

Suicidal-Element
05-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Damn, Well I guess I am gonna need to sell my Kidney on the Black Market so I can afford a new foil setup!!!!

Suicidal-Element
05-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Here is a pic of the new chair, sorta.

POWDERBUSTER
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
So how much longer should I wait before I dust off my old AIRCHAIR hat & t-shirt before I wont be looked down upon with scorn and disdain??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

p40whk
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting an email from Nathan telling me he has a tower fir me! Hope it's soon.

Jeff Schaber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenksycat
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
So how much longer should I wait before I dust off my old AIRCHAIR hat & t-shirt before I wont be looked down upon with scorn and disdain??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wear them now with pride...I still wear my Ford Pinto T's. I also have more Air Chair hats and T's than any other hydrofoil gear just because they were always cheaper.

kadoogan
09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Anyone know what price Air Chair is asking for the new seat tower , what the weight is , paint , is there a waiting list ? Would maybe like to get one but I see they are only open Mon.- Thurs . Thanks for the help
-Farrell