PDA

View Full Version : Airchair Tower

EricR
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Saw Bob yesterday at the Pirates Bar. He said he is building 40 towers and they should be done soon. Weight should be under 7 lbs. He will try to have some ready for the Havasu flyin and may host an night time event.

Sent via Android!

gorilla
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I got one of the "new" towers a while back, but this was during the possible acquisition by Nathan. Is Bob still going to warranty those towers and the boards that were also sold? I have both and really kind of nervous about this.

AZFOILER
04-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Airchair has always backed their products and I can't imagine that they would not honor any issues. I know the boards are made by Airchair at their facility.

raymanrox
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Strange...mine came in a box packed with a chinese newspaper. True story, i just threw it away yesterday!

Jay
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I got one of the "new" towers a while back, but this was during the possible acquisition by Nathan. Is Bob still going to warranty those towers and the boards that were also sold? I have both and really kind of nervous about this.I think you are the proud owner of the X Air tower. Nate is a good guy. I wouldn't worry about it.

gorilla
04-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I think you are the proud owner of the X Air tower. Nate is a good guy. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, so that's good to know.

Nathan Southerland
04-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the compliment Jay

Yes, the tower that I sold during the Air Chair "thing" is a tower designed by Heinrich. It is completely separate from any tower that Air Chair is selling. As for honoring any warranties on that tower, I give my word that they will be honored. Xair has taken over the right to produce and sell that tower along with the right to produce and sell the tbar, X40. I believe they will have a full line of products soon.

Respectfully

Nathan Souherland.

101flightdoc
04-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah Nathan.

We cannot wait to see what you guys are doing.

Sean

Paul_Queen
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I believe they will have a full line of products soon.

Respectfully

Nathan Souherland.

They? Does that mean "they" are not you Nathon? If Xair is not Nathon.....and in another thread I had said it would be Extreme and Brian said no.....then that begs the question: Who is Xair?

EricR
04-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Both Jay and I bought boards from Nate when he was buying AC from Bob. Neither of us had receipts and we were both lucky that Bob stood behind the deal that Nate made even though Nate was no longer a part of AC.

Jay
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Both Jay and I bought boards from Nate when he was buying AC from Bob. Neither of us had receipts and we were both lucky that Bob stood behind the deal that Nate made even though Nate was no longer a part of AC.
Both Bob and Nate went out of their way to help me with the warrantee on my board.

wakeforce
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
will we get the complete answer to who is ( x- air ) ? there is alot of interested foilers waiting !

XAir
04-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes, we will write a complete introduction soon. I will say this the reason for the delay is that we are at the drawing board on a new products that will complete our new ski. And as soon as we complete it, I will inform you of our plan to improve the foiling industry.With new and innovative processes in manufacturing.

Thanks

X AIR Foils

101flightdoc
04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Sweet! Good luck in your endevors! We cannot wait!

EricR
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Pics of the AC Tower from flyin

New AC Tower and Old AC Tower

JakeBradley
04-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Pics of the AC Tower from flyin

New AC Tower and Old AC Tower

This setup rode awesome! I've got a new board in the mail today and hopefully a new tower soon to follow. This ski had more pop and kick than last year's ski I rode, plus it's about 2+lbs lighter. I'm working with AirChair on a new belt system, bindings, and finalizing the tower. This is going to be an awesome year! I think we'll see Vesely on a new AC setup soon enough too!

EricR
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I liked the way Bob added the support here.

http://img.tapatalk.com/b8d609aa-a791-0a55.jpg

Glad to here you are working with Bob on his belt and bindings.
It will be fun watching Vesely ski this summer on a modern ski.

Tapatalk from my ICS Epic 4G

inkster
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Did you get a ac tower as well Eric?

EricR
04-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Did you get a ac tower as well Eric?

Nope... Still on my Evo. The new AC Towers will not be ready for a while. The guy Bob uses to cut the plates is backed up with other projects. It should give Bradley time to dial it in is my guess!

inkster
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
:cool-sign:

shot
04-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you for copy my design. Just don't forget to sent checks.

EricR
04-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Thank you for copy my design. Just don't forget to sent checks.

It must be frustrating to come up with a design only to have it copied. I have heard similar comments from Woolley and Murphy along the same lines. I guess that is why you have to patent things. Then you have to spend money defending your patent.:sad:

shot
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
The real secrets behind the original design very very hard to copy - so is it frustrating or a honor if the inventor of the sport is trying to copy your stuff - well the honor will not produce $ itself to invest it to future RnD and bring the sport more in front.

101flightdoc
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Just not seeing the honor in this one..........

Foil~N~Powell
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I bet Bob has already patented your design. Lol

Sent from my C771 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Mike
04-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't see any way that the new seat is lighter than the old one. to me it looks much beefier. what happened to 30% lighter? Am i missing something?.... Unless he used thinner plate.

EricR
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see any way that the new seat is lighter than the old one. to me it looks much beefier. what happened to 30% lighter? Am i missing something?.... Unless he used thinner plate.

Correct... He used thinner plate. I can't remember the weight difference but it was lighter.

rob496
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Correct... He used thinner plate. I can't remember the weight difference but it was lighter.Talking to Bob he improved the original design, and went with three sixteenths aluminum plate instead of quarter inch resulting in a 30 percent loss in weight. He also told me it would be available with two diffrent seat configurations the orginal flex type or one solid mount on 4pins and if you want he would be able to replace the plate with carbon fiber for another 150 bucks. PS just how much to much LOL