PDA

View Full Version : X Air, Air Chair, SS Carbon Boards Weight?

Capri63
09-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I am in the process of upgrading and I am down to which board to purchase. I have been told X Air is the lightest board (what does it weigh?) available however with a very hefty price tag. What is the weight of the Air Chair & SS boards?

Also I have found the post where Air Chair shows off their graphics, is there a similar link for SS?.....I am also assuming X Air only has the grey that I saw at the GA flyin last month.

I am interested in weight for a different reason than most riders......THIS CHIT IS HEAVY TO LUG AROUND AND LIFT INTO THE RACK!!!!!!

OLDGUY46
09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I am in the process of upgrading and I am down to which board to purchase. I have been told X Air is the lightest board (what does it weigh?) available however with a very hefty price tag. What is the weight of the Air Chair & SS boards?

Also I have found the post where Air Chair shows off their graphics, is there a similar link for SS?.....I am also assuming X Air only has the grey that I saw at the GA flyin last month.

I am interested in weight for a different reason than most riders......THIS CHIT IS HEAVY TO LUG AROUND AND LIFT INTO THE RACK!!!!!!
:smile:

Jay
09-09-2012, 12:35 PM

The lightest is the X-Air but I'm not sure when it's release date is and the price tag will be near $2000 not word on graphics.
Air Chair is the neax lightest with most boards in the 7 pound range. They offer a 2 year warrantee and all for a smoking $1200.
The Sky Ski is heaviest, thickest. You need a special rack for it and get an extra shot of water in the face for $1700. There is only one graphic option.

Cosmo
09-09-2012, 12:37 PM
My carbon Air Chair board weighed 7 on my bathroom scale. Sky Ski LE was 11. I'm guessing it could be a few onces off one way or the other. I've heard the X Air is 6lb 7 oz. The AC board helped improve my riding for sure..

Capri63
09-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the input, Air Chair it is! If anyone out there has a good used Air chair CF board PM me and let's work something out.

EricR
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
The other good thing about going with AC is that there are a lot of boards out there that have been subjected to abuse by lots of guys that go big and they seem to be holding up. You are also not buying the first generation of the board. If only their graphics were better! :D

Sent from my van down by the river!

rocket900rr
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
SO..... AC sounds like the winner!

My ??? is ??? Stock location for the seat? Or the 1-1/2" forward from stock mounting location option?

Crashbob
09-09-2012, 10:31 PM
The XAir board only comes in the CF black, and only will ever come in that color according to Nate. It is layed up and pressed in an autoclave at around 300 degrees to set the resin in the impregnated CF. They do that twice. The graphics can't handle the heat layup process. I'm sure someone will come up with some wrap or paint options in the future. It's supposed to be an extremely strong setup. They have even bent the board flat and it still springs back with no damage. But that price tag is a tough one.

I don't have a scale that will weigh my AC board accurately, but it's crazy light compared to my old SS board!

CwKoch
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
My Sky Ski C3 Matrix board came in at 3,541 grams- or roughly 7.8065687 pounds..... :smile:

Mike
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Mine is probably 6.5 lbs totally blank. I got this right after they started unitizing the boards. No signs of failure yet...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj12/mgolemb/IMG_5122.jpg

Capri63
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I would like that 1 1/2 forward location, Is that an "option" you have to DIY?

Paul_Queen
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the input, Air Chair it is! If anyone out there has a good used Air chair CF board PM me and let's work something out.

I doubt you will find that. You would have to buy new from airchair.