PDA

View Full Version : Torch 39 Tbar

Foildmess
07-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to put a quick post up on N2Orbit's new Tbar I have been riding for about a month now. First I want to say thanks to Marty for letting me test out this new bar, it has been an awesome experience to say the least. While it did take a while to get all the fine tuning complete, there are a couple of things I noticed right off the bat. I was switching from an extremely good riding B39 and did not think a new tbar would make much of a difference, IT DID. Right away I noticed about 80% less drag, which was a weird feeling at first I have to admit. I also noticed the ability to really load up the line for setting up inverts and a much stiffer feeling on take off leading to much more air without changing technique at all. Now that we have the tuning issues there is nothing I worry about happening while riding that is unexpected. This bar has been tested in multiple different water settings, including very clean lakes, lakes with a large algea content, rough water, rivers with strong currents and cross curents with no differences noted in the ride and handling. I have also ridden it behind a variety of boats, with no difference in the ride noted. This is one of the most solid bars I have ridden and recommend it to anyone looking to make a change.

Jason

nobrainsd
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Post up a photo!

Suicidal-Element
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
What other t-bars have you ridden, besides a B-39 in order to compare it too? Not trying to be cynical, but how does it compare vs other high end bars? Id really be curious to know how it rides vs a foiltech, xair, AC or SS Anser. If it rides comparible to those bars, N2O might have a winner for the price point!!!

nobrainsd
07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Yo S-E! Don't scare Foildmess off! I want to see a photo! It is always nice to see a post from someone who has ridden everything. But I have to say there are a lot of us out there riding b39's and just sort of biding our time for a good reduced drag ride at the right price point. So I take the review for what it states. Still want to test that out myself :) I'm torn between Shawn's Fuse 40 (great tune) or a foiltech I have ridden for my favorite spin. But the b39 is rock solid and glitchless ( at least mine) so anything else has to match that. We don't ask for much do we? Ha!

Suicidal-Element
07-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Yo S-E! Don't scare Foildmess off! I want to see a photo! It is always nice to see a post from someone who has ridden everything. But I have to say there are a lot of us out there riding b39's and just sort of biding our time for a good reduced drag ride at the right price point. So I take the review for what it states. Still want to test that out myself :) I'm torn between Shawn's Fuse 40 (great tune) or a foiltech I have ridden for my favorite spin. But the b39 is rock solid and glitchless ( at least mine) so anything else has to match that. We don't ask for much do we? Ha!

Not trying to scare him off at all. Hence my statement "I am not trying to be cynical". I was just asking how it compared to the higher end foils, if he had ridden them and I KNOW that many guys are curious as the price point seems really good. Going to any type of billet bar vs. the B-39 will pretty much be automatically better, I think, due to drag, weight, material, etc. etc. So, I was not surprised that he liked it vs. the B39. I wasn't trying to knock the review. But a Billet vs. Billet T-bar is a better comparison for apples to apples on the t-bar. Hopefully someone will be able to do that type of test / comparison soon.

kirk
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Any word on production? I was originally told they would be out at the end of May... It's now well into July and ???
Patiently waiting....

Foildmess
07-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Distribution I believe will happen soon Kirk, We have just been working the minor tuning issues to eliminate a random glitch in the water. I have been riding the bar in multiple water types and different boats. Since the last tune I have ridden the bar like 30+ times and so has my 12 year old son with absolutely no issues. Marty just wants to send out a product with no issues and believe me the wait will be well worth it.

Foildmess
07-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Hey man no one is gonna scare me off.....LOL There is just reasons why I do not ever post things on here, there is many, many CYNICAL people. "not trying to be an A$$" Did not think I needed to post my background to let people whom are probably not even in the market for a tbar, I was posting it for the peeps that are waiting for it to come out to let them know we are working on it. But yes, I have ridden the "higher end bars" just would not pay the money for them, and yes N2O's new one meets or exceeds them, In my opinion, and would consider the Torch 39 an equal high end bar to many of the other ones out there. I will post pics as soon as I get the thing polished up again, just wanted to make sure everything was right before I spend time getting her all cleaned up. I will get them posted by the weekend.

malibubobs
07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
We ordered one of these about three months ago and we are still waiting on a response about production!!! Any insight would be appreciated. I can't wait to get my new ride, but if not soon, within next couple of weeks, we are going to have to look elsewhere!!!

Suicidal-Element
07-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Hey man no one is gonna scare me off.....LOL There is just reasons why I do not ever post things on here, there is many, many CYNICAL people. "not trying to be an A$$" Did not think I needed to post my background to let people whom are probably not even in the market for a tbar, I was posting it for the peeps that are waiting for it to come out to let them know we are working on it. But yes, I have ridden the "higher end bars" just would not pay the money for them, and yes N2O's new one meets or exceeds them, In my opinion, and would consider the Torch 39 an equal high end bar to many of the other ones out there. I will post pics as soon as I get the thing polished up again, just wanted to make sure everything was right before I spend time getting her all cleaned up. I will get them posted by the weekend.

Good to hear that you would compare with the other high end bars. That is exciting news for the price point that these are coming in at. I really was not trying to be cynical or an "A$$" as you said, I was really just truly curious how they compared to another billet bar. But hey, if you want to assume that I am not or others are not in the market for a t-bar like this, then that is your assumption. Maybe I worded my original question wrong?

Foildmess
07-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Sorry man, I apologize for my statement. In my experience most people that begin with an opener like that, they are trying to be that way. Again sorry buddy.

Suicidal-Element
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Sorry man, I apologize for my statement. In my experience most people that begin with an opener like that, they are trying to be that way. Again sorry buddy.

No worries. I understand what can go down on here. That's why I threw that out there as a point to say I was not trying to be that way. It was just an honest question.

Apotheosis
07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Marty and I deeply apologize for long wait on this tbar. We were unable to even ride it ourselves until Last Sunday. We have a waiting list of valued customers who will be notified when they are ready to be shipped. We have not accepted any pre-orders. Jason received the first v2 Tbar unfinished to test and tune. We went through a longer than expected tuning process. The bar rides better than both our fuse 39 and 40 after it is modified. The major blow is we no longer have a reliable programmer, so we cant make the necessary changes until we hire a new one. Please call Marty if you have any further questions 330-540-2994. If anyone knows any good CNC programmers in the St Louis area PM Marty (n2orbit)

nobrainsd
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
We all know how stuff gets mentioned here on the forum and it's still in development. I haven't seen the new t bar. Really would like a peek at the fuselage. I do know that Marty and Greg have put up the money and taken some risks. The first version of this t bar was a bold try at a different cross section in search of a more rigid strut. That is so fn cool. I commend the investment. With the 39, 40 and now a new t bar that is a commitment to marketing bars! I don't doubt that a product will hit the market. If you need something today there are other options. I understand the anticipation. I have got to go one piece!

Yo, S-E, You know you are right that everyone would like to hear from experience when possible. Wish I had a quiver of t bars... :)

SkySki Clear Lake
08-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Any new news on this T-bar?

Apotheosis
08-16-2013, 06:07 AM
We regret to inform everyone that our machinist has had a mild heart attack and do to his restrictions we cannot machine any T-Bars until he recovers. Everyone on our list will receive either a discount of $100 off the $1650 price tag OR you can purchase an iNXS two piece bar and receive full trade in credit towards a Torch39 after we have figured alternative way to produce it. Call Marty to discuss 330-540-2994.