PDA

View Full Version : old air chair - need info

simiflyer
07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
my friend has this old air chair. it actually has a plastic tower & dried out old 1" thick foam seat. anyone know the history on it? Is their any use for it? Parts any good? Recycle it by donating it to someone's kids? I'd like to see it get "recycled" and used again. or is it really junk?

airmey
07-22-2014, 07:17 PM
It's not junk. I road one just like that years ago. Learned how to jump & learned my 1st invert on it. The foils today are much better, but that one would still make a good beginer ski. Looks like it needs a need pad on the seat, new seat belt, & safer foot straps. But it is worth something. You can strip the powder coating of the foil for a better ride, but I never did on mine. My SkySki board broke about 3 years ago so for the last 3 years I've been using the same board on my set-up. Heavy board but it still works. Someone on here would buy it for the right price. It was a good ski to learn on.

Bigairjunky
07-22-2014, 07:28 PM
We are always teaching new riders some of whom can't afford a new ski. I think it's great to recycle old hydrofoils.What price do you want for the airchair?

Drossiter
07-22-2014, 09:55 PM
You can buy a new seat pad on AC's website for $10. Not the best ride but ridable, it would sell for about $500 to $600 on eBay.

simiflyer
07-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the input. I was hoping that it would have some use. I just need to figure out how to patch it together for this weekend - my teenage nephews might want to borrow it for their boat & I know some other friend's with boats & kids that may like to borrow it too. My connection at the local YMCA may have alot of borrowers. As a kid I would have killed for something like this. I'm thinking I might keep it for a loaner and see how many people I can loan it to. Thanks again.

Nelson
07-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Have the same one we keep it because it works great for teaching people and you don't care what happens to it. It's fun to get on every now and again and see how bad they really ride compared to the new stuff.