Notices

View RSS Feed

Chet

Help, what sky ski should I buy?
2 Comments
Rate this Entry
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I’ve been looking for a step up from my first air chair which I bought a few years ago which was like an original air chair with the black one piece hydro foil, no foot pads or straps and a basic plastic seat with little padding. It’s done me well but I feel I need to update to keep progressing, and I have read a lot of good reviews about the sky ski pro ss. The problem is I’m up in central Canada and there’s not a lot of options until recently. I’ve found these three and I can’t tell which one I should go with and if this would the best model to progress into. Any advice would be appreciated.

I’ve attached four pictures below of the 3 different skis.

Thanks,
Chet
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E1EE94A-98E5-47B2-8DA9-03AFDB47D040.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	13074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE7911FD-396E-405E-9898-08F7B47837FA.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	439.2 KB 
ID:	13075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F7864BB-B89D-4DE1-8B20-B2ADC8F4BCB1.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	437.5 KB 
ID:	13076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4777AEF-EEDE-433F-9D9D-016B5C8BC92F.jpeg 
Views:	1358 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	13077  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

the yellow seat tower one - that is a shock tower, and is heavy. There are better options now on towers, I would stay away from that one personally. If you are loving the sport, I would recommend looking for something beyond an ss pro, something that will allow you to upgrade piecemeal. Look for a sky ski B39 or Launch setup at least. Foils after the ss pro have the longer tbar and have the bolt patterns to upgrade wings more easily without adapters.

As soon as you upgrade to an ss pro, get comfortable and like the ride you will want to upgrade again. You can upgrade seat tower, bindings, the board itself but the tbar and wings are more limited.

good luck in your search
    The defacto upgrade path is to sell and get a used Sky Ski LE38. They are highly sought after. You should be able to pick one up for around $2800-$3400. It is a great upgrade platform, but I would recommend selling the whole ski for a whole new one. I don't like piecing things together because it is a big money gamble if they work together (such as wings), plus it costs much more money. Just my personal opinion anyway.