Notices

Thread: Wing shape questions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Wing shape questions 
    Senior Foiler Elite MBF21Tomcat's Avatar
    IP
    I have two older sky ski's. I recently bought the second one. Until I bought the second one, I didn't know there were different shapes for the wings. My older one has a flat front wing and my newer, to me, has curved tips. My question is, which one does what?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by 266CrownlineBR View Post
    I have two older sky ski's. I recently bought the second one. Until I bought the second one, I didn't know there were different shapes for the wings. My older one has a flat front wing and my newer, to me, has curved tips. My question is, which one does what?
    Winglets, the curved part, are standard on all SS Pro models. If you have one without the winglets they were probably cut off. Take both wings with you to the lake and try each one out. There might be a chance you won't be able to tell the difference.

IP
    From your other post, I got the assumption that one is an Air Chair and one is a Sky Ski. You also mentioned something about getting the Air Chair polished, I wouldn't even waste my time especially if you have a Sky Ski pro with a shock tower now. After you start riding it, I doubt you will even want to mess with the other one. The original Air Chair had a flat front and they were also powder coated like you mentioned, they bolt into the seat completely different but the boards are interchangable so the name on the board means nothing. Post some pics and we can tell you exactly what you have.

North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by 266CrownlineBR View Post
    Can you post pictures of both your hydrofoils? This will help us better answer your question's by knowing what model's you have.

IP
    Just saw the picture of your old Sky Ski in your album. Definitely a Sky Ski. If it doesn't have wingtips someone must have cut them off and if they did that they may have spent some time tuning it. Would like to see some pictures of your new one too and some close ups of the old one. The T-bars should be identical and the wings if they are both cast foils.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    Winglets, the curved part, are standard on all SS Pro models. If you have one without the winglets they were probably cut off. Take both wings with you to the lake and try each one out. There might be a chance you won't be able to tell the difference.

I will do that. Spring can't come soon enough. My boat is getting a new bravo 3 outdrive and props next week. That's a long story, but I will say last summer was not too fun. Thanks for insurance.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Foiler View Post
    From your other post, I got the assumption that one is an Air Chair and one is a Sky Ski. You also mentioned something about getting the Air Chair polished, I wouldn't even waste my time especially if you have a Sky Ski pro with a shock tower now. After you start riding it, I doubt you will even want to mess with the other one. The original Air Chair had a flat front and they were also powder coated like you mentioned, they bolt into the seat completely different but the boards are interchangable so the name on the board means nothing. Post some pics and we can tell you exactly what you have.

I think they are both sky ski's, but they do mount to the towers a little differently. I assumed one was a little older or due to one being a rock tower and the other being a shock tower that they might mount a little differently. I will post pictures in the next couple of days. I took the newer one completely apart and might just take pictures of it dissassembled.

IP
    Just saw the picture of your old Sky Ski in your album. Definitely a Sky Ski. If it doesn't have wingtips someone must have cut them off and if they did that they may have spent some time tuning it. Would like to see some pictures of your new one too and some close ups of the old one. The T-bars should be identical and the wings if they are both cast foils.

I am really beginning to think that it is that my feet are just way too far forward. I am going to fix that first before anything else. The T-bars do look the same except one has an oval channel at the top where the two bolts go through and the other has a large U channel where the two bolts go through to the tower. So one I have to remove the bolts to slide the foil into the rock tower and the other I can just slide up (I hope I am remembering that right, it has been a while since I removed my old foil from the rock tower). Pictures will follow in the next couple of days.

IP
    How tall are you?

Hmmm, that sounds kinda weird about the oval hole. The cast pro's have a large U at the top, referred to as a fork top and the billet pros have 2 bolt holes that need the bolts removed to remove the foil.

IP
    How tall are you?

Hmmm, that sounds kinda weird about the oval hole. The cast pro's have a large U at the top, referred to as a fork top and the billet pros have 2 bolt holes that need the bolts removed to remove the foil.

Now I really am curious as to what I have. I am 5'6" tall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast