Notices

Thread: Epic Wake Boats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Epic Wake Boats 
    IP
    Anyone have direct experience with Epic Wake Boats? I'm curious to know the opinions of how the wake is and how the boats are holding up. Not to be confused with Toyota's Epic boat.

Let me know...
    Remember...It's not HOW you DO, It's HOW you LOOK when you're doing it!!!

Wake Boat Outfitters

Sponsored by:
    TEAM HYDROFOIL
    Samson Sports
    http://www.samsonsports.com

IP
    I don't have any experience but I do remember reading a lot about it at http://www.wakeworld.com in their forums. You may already be familar with this site but just in case... You should be able to do a search on Epic. I do remember the guy talking about it thought it was the best.

Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    There is a deaer here in town and i rode behind his last summer. The wakes are absolutely HUGE!!!!! They also have a Volvo 8 liter engine, I think. They are pretty nice and very cool looking. The only thing is, is the interior is like a hockey jersey type material, not typical boat material (which might be nice when havin foils). Bascally, it was explained to me that they wanted to make a rugged boat, that boarders could just throw stuff around in without worrying about tearin the interior up. I liked the boat alot. The pull was really solid!!!!

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal-Element View Post
    There is a deaer here in town and i rode behind his last summer. The wakes are absolutely HUGE!!!!! They also have a Volvo 8 liter engine, I think. They are pretty nice and very cool looking. The only thing is, is the interior is like a hockey jersey type material, not typical boat material (which might be nice when havin foils). Bascally, it was explained to me that they wanted to make a rugged boat, that boarders could just throw stuff around in without worrying about tearin the interior up. I liked the boat alot. The pull was really solid!!!!
    I'm interested in that wake! The one I'm looking at...just looking, has an 8.1 liter 496 Mercruiser big block...
    It's supposed to be more fuel efficient than smaller motors as it does not work near as hard to move the boat when weighted up with ballast. It comes standared with 4000 ballast system..
    Should be interesting.
    Remember...It's not HOW you DO, It's HOW you LOOK when you're doing it!!!

Wake Boat Outfitters

Sponsored by:
    TEAM HYDROFOIL
    Samson Sports
    http://www.samsonsports.com

IP
    The boat is big. It sounds like twin engines pushing it down the lake.
    Foiltech Pro Team

Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    If you are into wakeboarding go for it. The wake is super steep with tons of pop, but on a foil, I didnt like the wake so big. Thats just me though. Nice boat though!!!

Blog Entries
    IP
    The boat is big. It sounds like twin engines pushing it down the lake.
    That's how a big block should sound. I've heard that gas argument many times, but haven't had a big block to confirm it. Maybe Marty could shed some light on that, I believe he has a Super Air Nautique with a Python.
    Last edited by TX Foilhead; 01-21-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    IP
    Here's a cheaper one if you like it Benton, but it's not orange
    http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1232564954

North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    IP
    When I run allot of ballast weight in my boat, my bigblock gets noticeable better fuel economy than my old smallblock powered boat did, at least in my Super Air. The bigblock engine has so much more torque, I can run lower RPM's pulling a skier. The boat also planes out much quicker with allot less effort. Another advantage of the bigblock is that it's extra weight is free balllast. I also don't need to run a power prop to push a fully weighted boat out of the hole. Once you have owned a bigblock powered wakeboard boat, it is hard to ever go back. Being a motorhead, the sound of a 502 Python through the duel exhaust, is music to my ears. As far as unweighted boats go the small block version gets slightly better economy but as soon as you pull up a skier(unweighted) they burn the same amount of fuel. Trust me, Go with the BIGBLOCK power.
    Last edited by N2Orbit; 01-22-2009 at 12:06 AM.

IP
    Geof and I rode behind one; the wake was huge with tanks about half to three quarters full. Nick from H2O is supposed to have one, so you could talk to him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast