Notices

Thread: Who's the audio Guru on the forums?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IP
    That shouldn't be as hard. Maybe you could get another pair of polks. At any rate you can get a new amp for your tower speakers. I saw a Rockford 400-2 on ebay for $98. I think it would match your current amp and it would put 100 watts to each of your 2 tower speakers. If later on you wanted to ad two more speakers on the tower you would just wire them to the existing speakers and would drop the amp load from 4 ohms to 2 ohms which would double the amps output to 200 watts per channel but that would be divided by 2 since you would have 2 pairs of speakers up there. You wouldn't even have to run more wire in or up the tower. That would boost it up a lot. If you haven't messed with the crossover's, you need to. Those speakers just can't play very loud without distorting especially with the power you currently have going to them. Take out some of the bass and they won't distort near as easy, of course then I don't know if your basslink will have enough bass. With a good sub your other speakers don't really need to play a lot of bass. I haven't ever listened to the basslinks so I don't know much about that.

IP
    Oh yeah,
    after seeing your title again. "The audio Guru on the forums" I don't claim to be that at all, I have just been into car stereo stuff for the past 20 years but I am a long ways from an expert.

IP
    The Samson speaker cans work great. The nice thing about them other than the sound is that you can easily rotate them any direction, and detach them in, literally, 2 seconds. Check you the Samson demos under Gear/Reviews her on the forum.
    Remember...It's not HOW you DO, It's HOW you LOOK when you're doing it!!!

Wake Boat Outfitters

Sponsored by:
    TEAM HYDROFOIL
    Samson Sports
    http://www.samsonsports.com

IP
    Jeff,
    If you get the Wet Sounds equalizer in these boats, you can daisy chain them
    together and have all the boats blasting the same tune from one ipod ...

But that's pretty hard to have everyone do .

IP
    Yeah I like those Samson speakers and I noticed they had Focal components in them. I didn't realize that Focal had any speakers that would be weather proof enough for the boat but now that I do that is what I will consider next time. I had some Focal speakers in my truck and it was the sweetest sounding system. I had been told by a couple people that it was the best sounding system they had ever heard. The Focals I had were a higher grade, the ones with the yellow material in the woofers, I forget what they were called but they ended up warping in the TX heat. The ones they use in the samson speakers are a different material so that probably wouldn't be a problem. I ended up replacing the Focals with some Polk Momo component speakers and there was no comparison! Same system otherwise.

IP
    Does anyone know anything about liquid audio speakers? I got a cheaper quote on the install with those.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by murraymoomba View Post
    Does anyone know anything about liquid audio speakers? I got a cheaper quote on the install with those.
    Liquid audio are basically can manufacturers filled with different brands of speakers of all ranges starting with a pair of low end 6.5 car audio speakers which will not really give you much sound for riding but good enough for something to listen to while hanging out behind the boat with a small group. They have doubles and components too and with the right speakers installed and the right amp you can get pretty good sound but still not like the top of the line stuff.

Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    Loud liquid here in Sacramento is pretty impressive with their stuff. The NVS speakers are pretty LOUD too.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    If you want professional advice on getting the most out of your system or upgrading to a more sufficient one, dial up Andrew Pilkinton of Street Sounds, Inc.

Andrew has been in the Audio business for many years and owns two stores in the MidWest.

His cell phone number is 615.618.0556

Give him a call and he'll guide you better than just about anyone...especially when it comes to marine audio equipment.
    Give Andrew your audio business and have him go out on the boat with you for a water test (make him ski)... This guy oozes foiling talent and style

IP
    Yeah, I forgot he said liquid audio cans and polk speakers. I am guessing four of the 6.5 inch size.

Quote Originally Posted by Foiler View Post
    Liquid audio are basically can manufacturers filled with different brands of speakers of all ranges starting with a pair of low end 6.5 car audio speakers which will not really give you much sound for riding but good enough for something to listen to while hanging out behind the boat with a small group. They have doubles and components too and with the right speakers installed and the right amp you can get pretty good sound but still not like the top of the line stuff.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast