Notices

Thread: o6 g38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. o6 g38 
    carlestler
    IP
    I am thinking about buying a used 3 year old g38,anyone have exprience with that model?

2. Gy 38 
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlestler View Post
    I am thinking about buying a used 3 year old g38,anyone have exprience with that model?
    I have ridden Cliff Woodman's several times, and it is a great ride, although Cliff has FT front wing on his and GY rear wing. If you get it a good price, it will be a great foil for you.

Blog Entries
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTAIR View Post
    I have ridden Cliff Woodman's several times, and it is a great ride, although Cliff has FT front wing on his and GY rear wing. If you get it a good price, it will be a great foil for you.
    I have ridden Cliff's GY front wing and it is nice too.
    KO

carlestler
    IP
    Thanks for the input.

5. Gy38 
    IP
    Your welcome. enjoy the new ride.

carlestler
    IP
    I ended up getting it! But does anyone with a G38 have preferences in set up.eg Have you Cinched out ? or Have you made tower modifications you like? or Made other improvements you could recommend? I have both stock wings forward with no shim.I ride with a lot of foot pressure to keep it down. I swapped to an extra thick seat pad to soften landings but since it goes quite a bit higher than my old cast foil my back is still kinda sore. But I like it.
    Carl

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlestler View Post
    I ended up getting it! But does anyone with a G38 have preferences in set up.eg Have you Cinched out ? or Have you made tower modifications you like? or Made other improvements you could recommend? I have both stock wings forward with no shim.I ride with a lot of foot pressure to keep it down. I swapped to an extra thick seat pad to soften landings but since it goes quite a bit higher than my old cast foil my back is still kinda sore. But I like it.
    Carl
    Sweet dude! If you need to pull some lift out of it you can move your butt forward on the seat or add some shim to the rear of the rear wing.

If this is old news to you, my bad, just trying to help.
    Last edited by Jay; 06-18-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edited for stupidity.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    Sweet dude! If you need to pull some lift out of it you can move your butt forward on the seat or add some shim to the front of the rear wing.

correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but isn't the shim go at the back of the rear wing to take lift out?? front of the rear wing to increase lift??

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by theking View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but isn't the shim go at the back of the rear wing to take lift out?? front of the rear wing to increase lift??
    Come on Jay!!! In the back

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by theking View Post
    Oops. I do know better, most of the time, I promise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast