Notices

Thread: 2010 Anser first ride

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IP
    Apparently you guys forgot to read the rest of my post where you would have read "Deep holes are the culprit on the bars that failed, but we do have the option for those who still have concerns to tap only 5 holes." I am down here with Kieth Honkola and friends, and he has plugs in his 10 hole bar. That way their is threads in each hole to make it stronger. Does anyone have a measurement on the holes that were on the failed t-bar? I seem to remember that they were over an inch deep, whereas the new bars are drilled more shallow, thus increasing the strengh of all the bars, not just the 10 hole configureation. But again, let me put this in caps, A 5 HOLE OPTION IS AVAILABLE. Kieth took a ride on his LE 38 and then on mine, and said he could feel a definite difference. It has much less drag than an LE 38, and recovers faster as a result. "It has a very positive difference," as he put it. For those of you who like the foil to respond almost instantly after landing, you will like the Anser. I find sometimes I can land almost all my tricks without touching the board. Soooo much smoother. Anyway, y`all are welcome to come down and try it, see how it rides for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    This bar actually has 14 holes if you count the 4 in the back. I understand what you are saying with the 6 hole concept, but it would be a drastic difference from one to the next like that. This way, it is only aprox. 5/8" movement. I have heard the concern about having more holes makes it weaker. Explain this to me. The weakest part of any T-bar is the hole closest to the strut. It can't be possible to weaken the bar to put idenical depth holes (aprox.3/4") down towards the end of the fusolage. Deep holes are the culprit on the bars that failed, but we do have the option for those who still have concerns to tap only 5 holes. Oh, and I have never left the 14 hole set up. Always been that way on my bars since 05.
    As far as the difference from an LE, this has a cut down keel, and is a bit more stream lined down the fusolage, and is more rounded down the ridge. You can see that if you zoom in close possibly.
    Good questions.

IP
    This bar actually has 14 holes if you count the 4 in the back. I understand what you are saying with the 6 hole concept, but it would be a drastic difference from one to the next like that. This way, it is only aprox. 5/8" movement. I have heard the concern about having more holes makes it weaker. Explain this to me. The weakest part of any T-bar is the hole closest to the strut. It can't be possible to weaken the bar to put idenical depth holes (aprox.3/4") down towards the end of the fusolage. Deep holes are the culprit on the bars that failed, but we do have the option for those who still have concerns to tap only 5 holes. Oh, and I have never left the 14 hole set up. Always been that way on my bars since 05.
    As far as the difference from an LE, this has a cut down keel, and is a bit more stream lined down the fusolage, and is more rounded down the ridge. You can see that if you zoom in close possibly.
    Good questions.
    Thanks Geno....10 hole questions aside....still like to know if this is "The new 38 tbar" or "a second 38 tbar" being offered by skyski?? Also still like to know if youll be riding your rounded wings or if you are now switching to maxair and fling?

Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

Paul

- All the best things in life can be done in the water.

IP
    Does anyone have a measurement on the holes that were on the failed t-bar?
    There have been several 10 hole LE38 fuselages that have cracked/snapped.
    Foiltech Pro Team

Blog Entries
    IP
    I think Pete Dodson and Dave Peterson have both snapped t-bars. They may can give the info you are requesting.
    KO

5. T-Bars 
    IP
    Clint in TX I believe also snapped one (It was mine originally from 2006) Everything was original on it, no after market wings ridden on it either..

Chris Turner had a ten hole crack in jax as well.

IP
    This is a second high end one piece T-bar offered separately or as part of the new set up. The complete description can be found here:
    ANSER

IP
    So I guess we don't have any comparison from the broken T-bar hole depth VS the new more shallow holes. I will get with Sky Ski and see if I can get the exact depth of each and put this to bed.

IP
    This is a second high end one piece T-bar offered separately or as part of the new set up. The complete description can be found here:
    ANSER
    More options is great. Nice work on the setup, now if only your skills came with it :)

IP
    Just to be clear, I never said it was a theory. I said it was a concern, and I do not remember being sarcastic about any of this. Please let me know which statement you thought was sarcastic.

KO1 replied:
    Sarcasm must sale!!!!! Who wants one???

----------------------------------------

However, I want to ensure a safe ride for everyone. I am checking into the concerns as we speak. I should know the final anser on the hole depth and insert option for the first hole tomorrow.
    Thanks again for the positive and constructive feedback.
    Sincerely, not Sarcastically,

Geno Yauchler

Quote Originally Posted by tnairjunky View Post
    If the wing is in the forward position and there is an empty hole between it and the strut, not only do you have more leverage for the wing to snap the T-Bar by virtue of it being further from the strut, you have a big hole in the T-bar to help start the break.

No?
    Last edited by Geno; 01-03-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: glitch in the copy pasting

Blog Entries
    IP
    LET ME PUT IT IN CAPS......APPARENTLY YOU DID NOT READ IT THE WAY A FEW OF US DID. It's all good though You're the salesman.
    KO

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast