Notices
 

Thread: 2010 Anser first ride

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTAIR View Post
    Clint in TX I believe also snapped one (It was mine originally from 2006) Everything was original on it, no after market wings ridden on it either..
    Yes indeed. I rode the LE38 set-up with the front wing in the rear position meaning I used the hole closest to the strut. I still have the t-bar, and the back holes for the front wing measure around 7/8 in depth. S/N: 631
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	666.4 KB 
ID:	4239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	583.6 KB 
ID:	4240  
     
     

  2. #22
    Foilforum Addict N2Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    Posts
    795
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by foilingjunky View Post
    Yes indeed. I rode the LE38 set-up with the front wing in the rear position meaning I used the hole closest to the strut. I still have the t-bar, and the back holes for the front wing measure around 7/8 in depth. S/N: 631
    My fractured (10 Hole)LE-38 T-Bar had just under 7/8" deep bolt holes(if I remember correctly). Does anyone have an older LE 38 with bolt holes deeper than 7/8" of an inch? I read somewhere that earlier LE T-Bars had bolt holes that were 1" deep or deeper, but never could conform this information.
    Last edited by N2Orbit; 01-04-2010 at 05:56 AM.
    Marty White

    Sales and R&D



    N 2 Orbit Hardcore Hydrofoil Designs
    Custom Ski Builds
    Next Foils Dealer
    Air Chair Dealer

    X Air Dealer
     
     

  3. #23
    Admin - XTREME Foils XtremeFoils's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,231
    Blog Entries
    1
    IP
    Here's my $.02 worth on this subject.

    This is coming from someone who tries to sell some of these parts, so take it for what it's worth. In the past we've seen an incredible amount of force exerted on these toys - especially the t-bar, and most notably the front wing area of the t-bar. It takes an incredible twisting force, especially on front roll type entries and rolls that come up short where the front wing enters much earlier on one wingtip than the other.

    We've seen a few of the 10 hole t-bars crack/break along the line of the bolt holes. Some by upper end riders, some by not so upper end. We know it's the "weak link" when it comes to t-bars. Yes, some struts have bent over the years, but that's pretty rare with the billet t-bars out there now.

    That being said, I don't think I've ever heard of Geno's t-bar breaking. And I think he's had 10 holes in his from the start - although not as deep.

    So what would I do? I'd go back to 5 and just make different front wings with the different spacing if I were bringing out a t-bar. We KNOW it's a problem on some of the t-bars to have 10 holes up front. To me it doesn't make alot of sense to risk a $2500 t-bar when making a wing with different hole spacing is about 1/5 that cost for those who do want the wing slid forward. Back in the day I made an adjustable front wing (kind of like the rear wings), but ended up not putting it into production. - I just didn't see a need for it by most riders. There are very few people who ride wings in the front holes, so to me it seems to be an easy fix to just create a new wing.

    Geno, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here, but I know I'd feel alot more comfortable buying a $2500 t-bar if it only had 5 holes in the front. But that's just me. Just trying to help you sell more of your setups.

    Bryan

    Bryan - "Shuey" Foilmacher

    2008/2009 USA Waterski Innovator of the Year!!!

     
     

  4. #24
    Foilforum Addict Paul_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canyon Lake, Ca.
    Posts
    1,303
    IP
    FYI....since this seems to keep going on....Geno did say earlier in the thread that if you dont like 10 hole tbars you could order his new anser tbar with only 5 holes. Problem solved.

    Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

    AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

    Paul

    - All the best things in life can be done in the water.
     
     

  5. #25
    Admin - XTREME Foils XtremeFoils's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,231
    Blog Entries
    1
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by pqueen View Post
    FYI....since this seems to keep going on....Geno did say earlier in the thread that if you dont like 10 hole tbars you could order his new anser tbar with only 5 holes. Problem solved.
    Sorry PQueen. I guess I must have misread his earlier post. I thought it sounded like they would only tap 5 of the 10 holes. If you can order it with 5, then just ignore my previous post and order with 5. I'll make wings moved forward 3/4" if you like. I just re-read through the thread and I must have missed his second message where you could order with 5 holes. I agree PROBLEM solved!

    Congrats Geno! If it rides anything like your older t-bar, you've got a winner!
    Last edited by XtremeFoils; 01-04-2010 at 11:29 AM.

    Bryan - "Shuey" Foilmacher

    2008/2009 USA Waterski Innovator of the Year!!!

     
     

  6. #26
    Foilforum Addict N2Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    Posts
    795
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeFoils View Post
    Here's my $.02 worth on this subject.

    This is coming from someone who tries to sell some of these parts, so take it for what it's worth. In the past we've seen an incredible amount of force exerted on these toys - especially the t-bar, and most notably the front wing area of the t-bar. It takes an incredible twisting force, especially on front roll type entries and rolls that come up short where the front wing enters much earlier on one wingtip than the other.

    We've seen a few of the 10 hole t-bars crack/break along the line of the bolt holes. Some by upper end riders, some by not so upper end. We know it's the "weak link" when it comes to t-bars. Yes, some struts have bent over the years, but that's pretty rare with the billet t-bars out there now.

    That being said, I don't think I've ever heard of Geno's t-bar breaking. And I think he's had 10 holes in his from the start - although not as deep.

    So what would I do? I'd go back to 5 and just make different front wings with the different spacing if I were bringing out a t-bar. We KNOW it's a problem on some of the t-bars to have 10 holes up front. To me it doesn't make alot of sense to risk a $2500 t-bar when making a wing with different hole spacing is about 1/5 that cost for those who do want the wing slid forward. Back in the day I made an adjustable front wing (kind of like the rear wings), but ended up not putting it into production. - I just didn't see a need for it by most riders. There are very few people who ride wings in the front holes, so to me it seems to be an easy fix to just create a new wing.


    Geno, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here, but I know I'd feel alot more comfortable buying a $2500 t-bar if it only had 5 holes in the front. But that's just me. Just trying to help you sell more of your setups.

    Bryan


    Bryan, Very well Said! I completely agree that moving the bolt holes in the front wing, would be the best option. Then Aftermarket wings like: Xtremes, Foiltechs, Toxic Foils or my own wings could still be based off a standard bolt spacing or wheelbase. I Know the majority of riders, including myself prefer the back set of bolt holes.
    Last edited by N2Orbit; 01-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Marty White

    Sales and R&D



    N 2 Orbit Hardcore Hydrofoil Designs
    Custom Ski Builds
    Next Foils Dealer
    Air Chair Dealer

    X Air Dealer
     
     

  7. #27
    IP
    OK just got the word from the Manufacturer of these bars, Sky Ski. And I know no matter what the real deal is, there will be na sayers, so don't bother trying to break my positive outlook on this subject - I feel very confident this is the real story. The bars that cracked like this one pictured were manufactured with holes that were twice what we are doing now. The material has also changed to a slightly more flexible 7000 series, and it is also coming from a different mill then was used in the past. As far as I know, there have not been any failures since making these changes. However they had the same concerns, so they stopped cutting the 2nd set of holes. These parts will not last for ever but I doubt you will see the cracks fro hole to hole again.

    Geno

    BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;}*
     
     

  8. #28
    Foilforum Addict Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,395
    IP
    Bringing sexy back!!!

    Mike G
     
     

  9. #29
    Foilforum Addict N2Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    Posts
    795
    IP
    Could someone please buy an ANSER from this guy, so that he can get a new shirt and a Haircut. Long, curly red hair reminds me of Ronald McDonald. If he's bringing sexy back, were all in trouble. Did he lose a bet or something?
    Last edited by N2Orbit; 01-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Marty White

    Sales and R&D



    N 2 Orbit Hardcore Hydrofoil Designs
    Custom Ski Builds
    Next Foils Dealer
    Air Chair Dealer

    X Air Dealer
     
     

  10. #30
    Foilforum Addict foilfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,014
    IP
    I've seen a couple Geno pictures with this shirt on...lmao.
    Foiltech Pro Team
     
     

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Events
    By Yogurt in forum Flyins/Competitions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. 2010 CINCH Max lap belt
    By cinchmax in forum Cinch Products
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. 2010 CINCH Max lap belt
    By cinchmax in forum Cinch Products
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:36 AM
  4. 2010 yz450f
    By foilfreak in forum Motocross
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 03:08 AM
  5. Looking for a 2010 Malibu VLX?
    By Brad Scott in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •