Notices

Thread: 3rd Annual Last Fling Til Spring -- Jacksonville Florida October 2,3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. 3rd Annual Last Fling Til Spring -- Jacksonville Florida October 2,3 
    IP
    Well we finally got to set some dates. There is a ton going in Jax this fall in October. The FL/GA Game is one weekend. The Blue Angels put on a show at NAS Jax that most active boaters will attend by water ( I know I am going this year), We have one of our fellow foilers getting married one weekend. We had to go a littler earlier than we wanted, but we really didn't have a choice. I can't believe this is going to be our 3rd year for this event already. Seems like not to long that we were getting ready for our first event. We couldn't do these events without the help of all the great people in this sport. We couldn't put on these events with out the sponsors.

We will having the competition as usual at Victory Lake in Jacksonville, FL

Comp will start at 8:30 A.M. on Saturday and Sunday.

As usual we will be getting together on Friday to ride on Black Creek. If some of you would like to make this a little vacation get away and come down on Thursday, we will probably have a few boats available on Thursday as well to ride on the creek. The creek is un official part of the event, as usual, please take care of the boat drivers. We usually do 10 bucks per pull here JAX.

We will be getting the web site updated with host hotel rates. I don't know what kind of rates we will get yet. There is JAGS on Sunday with the Colts, so some people may travel, but I think all the Jacksonville games were blacked out last year, because they didn't sell out one game last year.

This will be the last event of the year for USHA Rankings as well.

We look forward to another great event!

Just a big thank you to ALL the event organizers that put on events through the year. It's a love for the sport and just being around the best darn people in water sports is what motivates alot of them do these events. I wish every event was perfect, we had issue with weeds at our spring event. If they could make everything perfect at an event they would, they try there hardest to do, but crap happens. Take a minute to thank all the event organizers that take alot of time out their personal lives to be able to put these events on for us. I know I am looking forward to one of my favorite events of the year. The GA Mountain Fly In. Last I heard there are going to be around 80 people at this event! The NC Hydrodrofoil Crew put on their first comps this year as well. Again thanks to all the event organizers. I know I would not know 80 percent of the people and all the memories (some which I still get crap for) I know in this sport today if it wasn't for these events when I first got started in hydrofoiling. I still remember my first fly in TN many years ago.

Hope to see everyone at some upcoming events in the fall.

If any one has questions, please contact us.

Eric
    evyborny@gmail.com

Brad
    Brad@eastcoasthydrofoils.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    I am in!!!!!

IP
    about time :) Send me your flight info....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP
    Last Fling is just a month away! We are looking forward to another great event. We just picked up a water apparrel company for a sponsor as well. Register at www.sehydrofoil.com We want to get as many people registered early (it cuts down on alot of paperwork Saturday morning). Everything is set up electronically at the registration page. Hope to see everyone there. As usual, we will be riding (for fun) on the creek Friday prior to the event!

We will be having some new competitors the bayou state as well. I know we will have at least one or two in the Junior Novice division. It would be great to see 4 or 5 sqaure off in the Junior Novice in October!

Email Brad or I if you have any questions.

Eric
    evyborny@gmail.com

Brad
    brad@eastcoasthydrofoils.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP
    We just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a prize purse of $750 for the pro division. We have had a couple of sponsors REALLY step up this event. We are asking that there be 3 qualified pro's attend the event for the prize purse to be awarded. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP
    Just 3 weeks away! We are looking forward to a great event. We are looking at having an awesome group riders in a couple of weeks. I heard some rumors this weekend that 4 or 5 of "A" town riders will in town that weekend. We have picked up some great sponsors that are allowing us to have $750 purse for the pro division this event. The SEHC has worked hard the last of months on putting together another great event coming up. I know everyone out there (including myself) always looks for the best deal on foil items. One thing I ask everyone to consider is always give the sponsors a chance to earn your business or even it cost a few bucks more to buy something from someone that sponsors an event and someone that doesn't it is worth it! Without all these great sponsors out there, I know we would not be putting on events in Jacksonville, Florida right now!

If you haven't done so, Please go www.sehydrofoil.com and register for the event, you can also prepay for t-shirts, raffle tickets and event registration. After the 25th there will be $10 late registration fee. Registration is a big time consumer on Saturday morning, the more we have preregistered, the more time saved (and you save $10 as well)

We will doing long sleeve t-shirts this event, they will be stonewash grayish color with 2 color print.

If anyone has any questions, please email or call myself or Brad S.

See everyone in a couple of weeks.

As usual we will be riding on Friday on the creek, please email at evyborny@gmail.com if you would like to ride friday afternoon, your phone number, and estimated arrival time, so we can make sure to get everyone on boats and we can plan how many boats we need for that day! This is not a part of the event, this is just fun riding, please take care of the boat drivers. Our typical rule of thumb here is $10 for a pull. The creek rides really similiar to the competition lake, so this will give everyone a chance to get their rides dialed in the for the event!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTAIR View Post
    Just 3 weeks away! We are looking forward to a great event. We are looking at having an awesome group riders in a couple of weeks. I heard some rumors this weekend that 4 or 5 of "A" town riders will in town that weekend. We have picked up some great sponsors that are allowing us to have $750 purse for the pro division this event. The SEHC has worked hard the last of months on putting together another great event coming up. I know everyone out there (including myself) always looks for the best deal on foil items. One thing I ask everyone to consider is always give the sponsors a chance to earn your business or even it cost a few bucks more to buy something from someone that sponsors an event and someone that doesn't it is worth it! Without all these great sponsors out there, I know we would not be putting on events in Jacksonville, Florida right now!

If you haven't done so, Please go www.sehydrofoil.com and register for the event, you can also prepay for t-shirts, raffle tickets and event registration. After the 25th there will be $10 late registration fee. Registration is a big time consumer on Saturday morning, the more we have preregistered, the more time saved (and you save $10 as well)

We will doing long sleeve t-shirts this event, they will be stonewash grayish color with 2 color print.

If anyone has any questions, please email or call myself or Brad S.

See everyone in a couple of weeks.

As usual we will be riding on Friday on the creek, please email at evyborny@gmail.com if you would like to ride friday afternoon, your phone number, and estimated arrival time, so we can make sure to get everyone on boats and we can plan how many boats we need for that day! This is not a part of the event, this is just fun riding, please take care of the boat drivers. Our typical rule of thumb here is $10 for a pull. The creek rides really similiar to the competition lake, so this will give everyone a chance to get their rides dialed in the for the event!

Team A-town will be representing at the event, and we are looking forward to it! I will also be bringing some more sponsorship items to donate.
    We get in Friday just after lunch. Hope we can bum a ride to the creek....
    Remember...It's not HOW you DO, It's HOW you LOOK when you're doing it!!!

Wake Boat Outfitters

Sponsored by:
    TEAM HYDROFOIL
    Samson Sports
    http://www.samsonsports.com

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    i will be on the creek with my boat on friday and possibly thursday if there is going to be a crowd .

IP
    We will need your boat on Friday afternoon. Several riders coming in shortly after lunch and hoping to get a ride in on Friday afternoon/evening.

Thanks for helping out.
    Thanks,
    Brad Schmidt
    East Coast Hydrofoils
    brad@eastcoasthydrofoils.com
    www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    all you riders in novice class better watch out. i am coming for you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast