Notices

Thread: Another first ride away!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Foiler Elite Wh1pl45h5m1l3's Avatar
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeSeeky View Post
    If you give up all your rope to the boat during the rotation, you don't have anything left for your landing.
    That's a great way to describe it...put's it into perspective. I'll give that a try next week.

Do most people land the gainer only holding onto the rope with one hand, or is it better to try and get a hold of it with both hands? I've hyper-extended my arm about three times now on the real hard jerky one hand landings...those really hurt for days.

Reverse Scorpion Professional WakeSeeky's Avatar
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1pl45h5m1l3 View Post
    That's a great way to describe it...put's it into perspective. I'll give that a try next week.
    You can thank bsteele himself for that one. He does have a great way of explaining things. I'm just the parrot.

I can't really say about most riders... I can tell you that's how we've been instructed, and I can't offhand think of anyone I've ridden with that uses two. That doesn't mean it's most common, just my experience. I have been told it can be done and that some people do ride that way, so you could sure give it a try. Let us know how it works out!

Seriously, the only potential downside I can think of is that it might pull you into a roll/side crash easier, but I don't know. I do know you shouldn't accidently only hang on with your outside hand. Mr. Wakeandahalf there demo'd that one and it didn't turn out so hot.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1pl45h5m1l3 View Post

Do most people land the gainer only holding onto the rope with one hand, or is it better to try and get a hold of it with both hands? I've hyper-extended my arm about three times now on the real hard jerky one hand landings...those really hurt for days.
    Its actually easier for me to hold on with one hand. Also, a good indicator that I am go for launch on the gainer is having my inside hand (holding the rope) as near as I can make it to my inside hip. 'Pin it to your hip'. If I can hold it on the launch, I can hold it in the air, and thats enough to give and go on landing.
    Capt's Seat
    LE Board
    FT37
    Mach III
    Falcon
    Cinch throughout

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234