Notices

Thread: Time to start the winter Flame War Fuse39 v X40

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IP
    Over a pound heavier than the B39? Interesting.

When will the next batch be done? Price?

What is up with the Samson board? We have been waiting patiently to see the final product.....update?
    Mike G

Blog Entries
    IP
    I also have pics of the Samson Board and seat, haven't had time to post. I believe Heinrich's original idea was to bore out the center. I'm not sure how that works, but I bet the weight would be in the ballpark. The weight is only noticeable when I pick up both tbars. The fuselage is beefy, but it's also thinner and shorter, there isn't any extra material after the bolt holes on each end. Even though the fuselage looks hefty, when placed side by side the x40 comes about half way down the Fuse's keel, most of the weight seems to be at the top. It's very interesting to see how each designer solved the strength issues. I'll have to agree with BSteele's review of the Fuse, nobody knows if either has issues at this point only time will tell. From my first impression I can't find any with either, and don't expect with my limited skills to have any durability issues. Either one is a good choice.

IP
    In flame war fashion...

MY FT38 rides AWESOME! I did have to tune it quite a bit to ride at Cherry Creek. It might be a little heavy, or at least it WAS a little heavy until the X40 came along. It also works perfect with the XXX/UFO wings that are bolted to it which is great because there are some sensitive FUSE riders that say the FUSE is glitchy with the XXX/UFO.

Where am I going with this? No where. I'm sure the FUSE will ride great after a few tweeks to satisfy the rider (sounds like my FT bar) and I'm sure the X40 will lose a little weight and go bigger than anything else out there (riders have nothing to do with this) and in the end the LE38 is the bastard child even though there are more of them out there than anything else.

Step, step, pull, wiggle, pull, shimmy, shift, grunt, ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP. Shunk, latch, stretch, Breathe (insert Darth Vader breathing here)
    FLAME SUIT ON!!!

Blog Entries
    IP
    Stop F&?#%n around with my thread, it was working just fine, everyone was flaming Benton.

The Fuse is no more glitchy than the X40, in 6 more weeks it won't mater anyway the water will be warm and both will ride like a dream. I expect the supposed issues with each could possibly become a benefit. I have already sent the LEX to it's new owner, I consider it to be gold standard and both ride just as well.

Hopefully Benton will chime in again so this thread isn't totally ruined.

5. Time to start the winter Flame War Fuse39 v X40 
    IP
    Rub it in don, in 6 weeks, our water will still be frozen. Thanks for your comparison post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08 Supra, 24 SSV Gravity Games

"Look everyone, my crown has a GECKO!"

Blog Entries
    IP
    Ha ha, a least that's an issue for you now. It won't be warm here, just time to start thinking about getting out of the drysuit.

IP
    Glad to hear that the X-40 is out there now! The fuselage is so cool looking! Interested to hear more comparisons of the two, but if everyone continues to say they are very close I would be happy with that outcome.....tired of wars.

Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

Paul

- All the best things in life can be done in the water.

IP
    I believe Heinrich's original idea was to bore out the center.
    Is this still going to be an option?

Blog Entries
    IP
    When I talked to Benton earlier this week he said they are going to start, of course it will raise the price. I don't know how they do it, only that it is done before the machining begins. I'm not sure what the final weight should be. If my calculations are correct, the top of my X40 weighs 2 lbs, I hope to find a way to cut that in half for a reasonable price. Looking at the Fuse, I would guess Marty took out 2/3's of that maybe more.

IP
    From Shot Back in Jan 2010........ http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...-Preview/page2

Weight and the X40 inside secrets
    The real secrets of the X40 Tbar is insight of it. You may ask what insight is. The answer is ‘nothing’. Well nothing but air. We made the Tbar hollow by using a special deep drilling technique thanks to our machine master Gregor. We used 4 vertical (1 short 3 long) to lighten the sword and one horizontal drill-holes to lighten the fuselage part. With this technique the longer and beefier Tbar is still staying in the 10 lbs range by having noticeable less swing weight. This will help pro riders as well as amateurs and to make any aerial maneuver as easy as possible. Those drill holes do not affect the mechanical strength doe to the ‘Second Moment of Area’ law. Beside this lightweight version a more affordable version without deep holes may be available.

Is this the same technique that is being done to the production tbars?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast