Notices

Thread: Masters

1. Masters 
    IP
    Never a discussion here on the superbowl, never baseball, basketball or hockey either. An occasional post on BMX or other "extreme" sports is about it for other sporting related posts.

Anybody keeping an eye on the Masters this weekend? Terrific story lines with Rory McIlroy, all of 21 years of age, keeping control through three rounds despite the overwhelming desire by the networks and fans for Tiger to catch up and contend. The irony of McIlroy being only 21 and Tiger being 21 when he won in 1997 is cool.

I'd like to see the winner, whomever it is, win with birdies down the stretch. A few years ago there was a final round that had everybody losing strokes and the winner, I forget who, won by not losing as much as the others.

I'm picking McIlroy, more because he hasn't shown any reason to believe he will crumble yet.

BTW - is you like golf at all, but haven't ever been to the Masters it should be on your bucket list. The experience is incredible.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Blog Entries
    IP
    Nobody has time for those other sports because they're out foiling on the weekends. Supercross happens during the winter so people keep up with that.

IP
    but perhaps there is acknowledgment from a pre-foiling life, distant memories of other interests I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Foilhead View Post
    Nobody has time for those other sports because they're out foiling on the weekends. Supercross happens during the winter so people keep up with that.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    Ill be watching the masters cause im not getting out on the lakes on weekends plus its nice to see Tiger lose
    Go Mcilroy

Reverse Scorpion Professional Oldgroaner's Avatar
    IP
    I was watching (water is still lowered to winter level on my lake). Too bad Rory lost it on hole 10, but you did get your wish that the winer would win with birdies at the end. Schwartzel birdied the last four holes to win by 2.

IP
    I watched the masters. What a great tourney. Hard to see McIlroy go +7 and lose on the last day but hey that's golf.

Reverse Scorpion Professional Fbomb's Avatar
    IP
    I've played for about 13 years.........and golf is a four letter word that has a lot to do with my alias.....Shoot like a pro one day, and hack the course up the next...Some day I'm gonna beat that damn game.

I only caught a couple hours of the masters this year, nice to see some new names around the top. "Those guys are good"