Notices

Thread: 2011 Evolution Tower

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IP
    I love to hear the pain every one feels when someting goes up in price.. No one hardly ever pays full retail, so at the end of the day if you are going to purchase a evo seat, you will more than likely buy it. We don't control the price so let's no get to worried about it. Someone will be able to get you a good price on the product if you have been foiling for a while..Someone knows someone... Later.
    Pine Lake Rider

Blog Entries
    IP
    Break out your mountain bike, motorcycle, sports car, or your boat and see if you can much of a change to it with a $1000. If it's quality high end stuff, I bet you can't. Now, a mid level seat might be nice something sturdy lime the rock tower but with some kind of basic suspension.

Of course if we weren't creating money out of thin air that would help also, but that's a whole nother post for a different forum.
    Last edited by TX Foilhead; 04-14-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Damn iPhone!!

IP
    Last edited by TX Foilhead; 1 Minute Ago at 03:34 PM. Reason: Damn iPhone!!

LMAO,,, phone or ?

Blog Entries
    IP
    iPhone, just got home bit it's too windy to ski so I'll be blaming the drinks later!

IP
    Well maybe this is where the extra thick seat cushion or even more advanced seat cusion designs can come in and sweep everyone off their feet. I know for myself even thinking about close to 1k for a tower is absurd, however my back isnt in alot of pain and im not going high enough to require suspension in my seat. That being said there were some great reviews in the seat pad thread, if just another inch of pad can replace the need for a new tower my moneys going toward the pad.

Its not hard to understand why people are not excited with the price increase. This sport is expensive enough as it is. Theres alot of talk about how to make it more mainstream however the real deal breaker is the cost. When people can go out and buy top notch wakeboards for under $500, its hard to make them want to pony up even $1500 for a base model foil.

Its a 2 sided problem, theres not enough interest to mass produce parts, and the parts are to expensive to produce mass interest.. Something has to give to make it happen.

My main question is what will happen to the old evos that people are willing to sell, are the prices on those going to go up as well since the new cost has risen? Will people take advantage of the situation or will they remember they bought it for cheaper than the current cost and sell it accordingly?

In the end its less than $100 increase, but no one likes to pay more for the same stuff, just like gas

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by inkster View Post
    it sucks but you think Geno wanted to post that. Probably not..I think it was very honest of him to tell all us foilers about it.. Lets just deal with it and fly on..Later ladies and gents..
    Yes! - I think he wanted to tell us to push some sales and potentially dump some inventory while padding his pocket a little. No biggie to me. But you asked. We know how it works.... I thought THAT was obvious...

Reverse Scorpion Professional MAXAIRMIKE's Avatar
    IP
    Sweet, i picked one up this spring for $700.00.......... Boat show price
    011 FT 38 BAR --- 011 FT ELIMINATOR with DB2 Mod / VIPER --- AIRBRUSHED real flame LE BOARD --- S EVO/ Carbon Mod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123