Notices

Thread: Hooray!! My new Setup has Arrived!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hooray!! My new Setup has Arrived!!!! 
    IP
    Im finally ready to hit the water with style this season. I got myself a new wing setup, a XXX/UFO combo. I had spoke with a few members about what wings they liked and decided this was the choice for me. It was an unbeatable price and a great experience.

Marty was wonderful. I spoke to him many times. I called quite often with questions and he was always available to answer them. He explained everything I wanted to know and got me setup with what I needed. He has a wealth of knowlege and was a real pleasure to work with.

I had no clue how large the wings were by seeing pictures on the forums, when I saw them in person I was WOW'd. These guys are HUGE! They came packaged tightly with a beautiful shine, no scuffs or dings. They look amazing. I can honestly say I was above impressed. The wings look flawless.

I get to go out tomorrow and test them out.. Im real excited since I got a new launch strut as well. Starting this season with a Bang!!

Heres probably the only picture I will have of them all nice and clean. I dont know how the heck he polished them to this shine but its nothing near what I can do. Ive been practically wearing gloves when I move them, dont want finger prints all over them yet hahaha

Senior Foiler Elite steepcreeker's Avatar
    IP
    Congrats

Just upgraded my Launch so I know how you feel. I love that new wing shine when they arrive. It is amazing how much of a mirror finish is on those things. Probably just me but it seems like that 7xxx aluminum polishes better than the 6xxx I had before,,,,or I'm just so excited that I'm hand polishing at 2000 rpm's

No excuses now!!!

Oh yea,,,,,don't forget to JB Weld that 2 piece joint.

Mike

IP
    They look great, tell us how you like them after you get a chance to ride. A lot of guys will use Mother's polish on their wings right after they're done for the day. That should keep them shiny like they are and add a small amount of protection.
    Jeff Schaber
    Skyski LEX
    N2Orbit xXx, UFO
    Home lake, Norris Lake, TN.

IP
    congrats Bug Dude, I got the same upgrade this spring although my wings were used (and anodized).

Steep (or anybody) - Question on the JB Weld, is it better or necessary to get the marine specific jb product?

As Marty explained it to me over the phone, mix some up, put it down in the strut, slide the tbar in and put the bolts in, tighten and let it set (wiping off overflow JB that will ooze out. Does that sound like I interpreted the instructions correctly?

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    IP
    Scuff up and clean the strut/fusalage juntion before applying the JB Weld. Also don't forget to tape around the area you are about to JB Weld so that you don't make a mess for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeanie View Post
    congrats Bug Dude, I got the same upgrade this spring although my wings were used (and anodized).

Steep (or anybody) - Question on the JB Weld, is it better or necessary to get the marine specific jb product?

As Marty explained it to me over the phone, mix some up, put it down in the strut, slide the tbar in and put the bolts in, tighten and let it set (wiping off overflow JB that will ooze out. Does that sound like I interpreted the instructions correctly?
    Marty White

Sales and R&D

N 2 Orbit Hardcore Hydrofoil Designs
    Custom Ski Builds
    Next Foils Dealer
    Air Chair Dealer

X Air Dealer

Senior Foiler Elite steepcreeker's Avatar
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeanie View Post

To be honest I didn't even know there was a JBW marine product to I guess I didn't use that one,,,,but no issues to far.
    Getting it set up really easy. I used the blue painters tape to tape just above the joint. The easiest way was to put the joint together and tape everything above the joint on the strut and all the flat stuff on the fuselage. No right or wrong way to do it since it is only for making the cleanup easier. Clean up the area to be welded. I used carburetor cleaner and a toothbrush to get all the residue out from the crevices of the fuselage but you probably won't need to do that if it is new. At this point you have to make a bit of a judgment call on how much you want to do to keep the joint together. If it is new then the metal will be very smooth. JBW can only hold so well on a super smooth surface so if you don't roughen up the material it "may" have to be reapplied down the road,,,,,,but,,,,,if the joint ever needs to separated or does on its own then it will be a lot easier to remove the old JBW. You will make the joint a bit stronger if you rough up the surfaces (mainly the strut) but it works either way. I went with some light sanding with 200 on the strut and left the fuselage alone.
    Mix your JBW and apply to the inside of the fuselage along the sides and bottom making sure to get it on every surface. Any air pocket or gap is a potential weak spot. Make sure to mix enough to do it all at one time (especially if your using the fast set stuff) or it will get messy very quickly. Put the pieces together and CLEAN OFF ANY RESIDUE!!! If you don't then you'll have to really work to get it all off and shiny again. Let her sit overnight and you're golden.

Sorry about the high-jack Bug......This is your big day.

Mike

IP
    Just took my new set up, fuse 39/xxx/ufo for its first ride yesterday and it was great!! 3 different riders, no complaints. Chad even showed me what yo could actually achive with a set up like that.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by lakelife7 View Post
    Just took my new set up, fuse 39/xxx/ufo for its first ride yesterday and it was great!! 3 different riders, no complaints. Chad even showed me what yo could actually achive with a set up like that.
    you let him ride your ski??? now you know what it can do and you'll kill yourself trying. let's see the bruises!!!

IP
    Bug Dude....IF you didnt get any from Marty...your gonna need to get some negative shims. The XXX has alot of wing more forward then the standard Pro or Maxair wings....hence when you start tiding it it will be way more positive then your used too. Your gonna want some negative shims to be able to calm that ride down a bit.....At least I did. Anyway....I ride The Fuse / XXX / Ufo ....your gonna love the setup once you get it dialed in.

Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

Paul

- All the best things in life can be done in the water.

IP
    Thanks Paul. Marty got me setup with everything I needed. Today was a great day. Finally found the setup of shim and wing position I liked. Too bad I didn't do any working out over the winter. I'm spent and sore. Lol. At least my 2011 season has finally started

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast