Notices

Thread: N2Orbit's new front wing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. N2Orbit's new front wing 
    North Jackson, Ohio(5 mins. from Lake Milton)
    IP
    Just test rode the "XXX" prototype wing OH MY GOD

IP
    Pics please

IP
    Sorry, no pictures, my partner said this one's TOP SECRET. I can let people, test ride the "XXX" but can not post pics. If you are in the market for a new front wing, you might want to test ride this wing before buying. I will sell some test wings, for rider's feedback for cost before releasing this wing, early next year. Lets just say, Greg and I have figured out, a new shape andwhere to place material on a front wing to generate more pop without slowing the wing down or making it larger surface area.

IP
    I'm interested...

IP
    I've been riding one of Marty's (N2Orbit) spare T-bars most of the summer. At first I had some trouble adjusting, coming off of a 2 piece T-bar. I've stuck with my Foiltech rear the whole time. My Mach2 front (which I loved on my 2 piece T-bar), didn't play well with the new T-bar due to the front wing holes being drilled/ tapped slightly forward of normal. The Mach2 further forward was a relaunch monster. At the Illinois Spring Fling I was able to try 2 different N2Orbit fronts. One I did not like... the other I loved. The one that I loved was the one that Marty was riding (the Switchblade), and he wouldn't give it up since it was the only one he had. Since then, he has been sending me different proto. wings to try. There were a few more that didn't suit me, and there is the one that I'm on right now that I've really grown to like. It's a wing that has a very broad leading edge but doesn't sit far forward. The problem is, since the new XXX is a descendant of the Switchblade (which I loved), I'm going to have to put dibs on XXX #2 and hopefully be done with wing swapping (I'm sticking with my Foiltech rear!)... I guess what I'm trying to convey here is that Marty and Greg as a team (N2Orbit), are really onto something with their design and modeling technique. If you have a chance to bolt on a wing or T-bar from them, go for it! It's improved my riding immensely. Have an open mind or flame away... doesn't matter... I'm going riding

By the way... the T-bar rocks...
    Last edited by YJim; 07-28-2008 at 03:22 PM.

IP
    XXX number two, came off the CNC machine yesterday, and the machine work, was flawless.(Both sides and the leading edge are CNC'd machined) Three more wings, should be coming next week.

Darkaniem
    IP
    cost?

IP
    The first few test XXX's should be around high $300, low$400 range, depending on our final cost.

SAFOILER
    IP
    put me down for one, would like to give it a shot, shoot me a pm when they are ready, i love trying new wings.

IP
    I think Greg and I, might have to cut more XXX's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast