Notices

Thread: Please checkyour smoke detecers

1. Please checkyour smoke detecers 
    Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    We had a fire in our kitchen on Sunday, My son was the only one home ( we had just left) he was asleep in his room and woke to the smoke detecter. He got out and called the fire department. The kitchen is a total loss but my son is fine, life is good.
    Please don't think it can't happen to you. CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTERS! it can save a life.

Ken Rice

Reverse Scorpion Professional kentramz's Avatar
    IP
    Glad to hear everyone is safe and outcome could have been much, much worse. As a residential home inspector, you'd be surprised how many houses don't have operating detectors or have any at all, and how many houses have signs of previous undetected fires. Spend the $10 per unit and get them in. Present new home code (Oregon) requires one per level and one in each bedroom. If it's good enough for a new home, it's good enough at your home. Also, it is always a good idea to have Carbon Monoxide detectors in each level of the house. Particularly if you have any gas appliances or an attached garage. Again, great to hear all is safe Ken. See you at the boat show in a few.

IP
    Sorry to hear that, Ken. Glad to hear your son is OK. Hope you can get things replaced / repaired OK.

IP
    Kenvert, i sure hate to hear about your home ! But your son is not hurt & that is what is most importent !!!!!!!!!!! the home can be fixed & that we are all very thankful for !
    SKIYA

IP
    sorry to hear about the home. Glad everyones ok. Did they ever determine what started the fire?

Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    The fire was started by a stove burner left on. We don't know how this happend, We had not used the stove that day and almost never use the burner that was on. Some how it was bummped on, and something on the counter near the stove cought fire. It was only 20 minutes from the time time we left home till my son called 911.
    It is a big mess but the insurance company has been realy good this far. We will not living in the house for about 2 months, not sure where we will be for Christmas.
    We are greatfull it was not worse.