Notices

Thread: XTREME New Front Wing - "Black Ops" ready to order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. XTREME New Front Wing - "Black Ops" ready to order 
    Admin - XTREME Foils XtremeFoils's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IP

2012 Black Ops Front Wing from XTREME Foils!!!!

The new XTREME Foils front wing is here!

It's taken a full year of development, and Many, Many iterations, but it's ready. The successor to the Raptor Pro front wing that hit 60 frames last year...

So what is it?

It's a Raptor on steroids!!! (quote from one of the pro's)

I was fortunate enough to get 3 more pro riders on XTREME wings, so to say it was a good year is an understatement. But even more important was I had 3 more super high-level riders to test and give me feedback on what was working and what we needed to improve upon from the Pro Raptor. They are invaluable to R&D!!! As Ferney likes to say... wings show their character above 50 frames. More and more of us are starting to play in that world (granted not his world, but at least above 50 frames), and it's starting to make sense even to us mortals.

The pro Raptor was the wing the pros were riding since the Raptor came about. It had more surface area as well as a different leading and trailing profile. The ultimate goal was to hit 60 frames, and it held up it's end of the bargain (with a little help from Ferney). Early last Spring, I began working in secret on the Raptor Pro successor. I was in Georgia when one of the guys noticed I wasn't riding the Pro. He said, "So is that some super secret wing that civilians aren't allowed to ride?" I said, "Yes!" One of them said, "You should call it the Black Ops". And that's how it's name was born.

In a nutshell, it's got more surface area than a Raptor Pro (which already has more than a Raptor), still maintains the quickness, but adds a ton of power and a larger "sweet spot" and still comes in at the same weight as the Pro. But in the end, it's all about a more stable, more powerful wing. And with the help of many high end riders, I think we've found that. We are VERY happy with how this wing turned out. Should be another amazing year!

I've had the pro's on the final prototype since Nov or so to refine things. I believe every one of them ditched their Raptor Pro immediately and went to the Black Ops. When Lewin rode it the first time, I got a text back from him... "Black Ops is $$$" was all the text said. And that was all I needed to hear. :) So over the past 3 or 4 months, the final changes were made and the wings were sent to the polisher. I just received them and are ready to ship them out.

Yours is patiently waiting...

Cost is $650 for the Black Ops Front - $550 for the Viper Rear, and $1100 if you buy the set.

You can order them here:
    http://www.xtremefoils.com

If you have any questions, please ask.

Is it Spring yet???
    Shu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Ops vs Raptor.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	7459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackOps.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	594.3 KB 
ID:	7460  
    Last edited by XtremeFoils; 01-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Bryan - "Shuey" Foilmacher

2008/2009 USA Waterski Innovator of the Year!!!

IP
    What no pics?

Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

Paul

- All the best things in life can be done in the water.

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Man Bryan you killing me!!!

New AirChair Board $$$$.
    New AirChair tower. $$$.
    New Black OPS wing. $$$.

This is turning into an exspensive upgrade this winter. But it is addicting and worth every dollar.
    And if it is new and has the XTREME name on it I have to try it out. PM Sent.

Blog Entries
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadr View Post
    Man Bryan you killing me!!!

New AirChair Board $$$$.
    New AirChair tower. $$$.
    New Black OPS wing. $$$.

This is turning into an exspensive upgrade this winter. But it is addicting and worth every dollar.
    And if it is new and has the XTREME name on it I have to try it out. PM Sent.
    Having a new "Pro level" ride and a HUGE smile on your face the first day out... PRICELESS!!! Thanks, man!!!!

IP
    This new wing is the real deal. I really like the Xtreme Black Ops wing because of the balance of power, consistency of repeatable take offs, and precision to hit highly technical tricks (ole, bnc, spins, kgb etc). If you want to see what these wings can do check out pretty much any video of Tyler, Torey, Al, and myself from this past Fall/winter. Maybe someone could embed those in this thread so instead of talking about how great this wing is, you can see it!

Thanks for offering a great product and also being an amazing embassasor to the sport (Xtreme Foils supports a ton of fly ins and competitions throughout the year).

IP
    sounds too "pro" for me and $650? wow

Blog Entries
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by clairchair View Post
    sounds too "pro" for me and $650? wow
    Actually, it's the same price as the Raptor was even though cnc and material costs have gone up.

IP
    Bryan,

It may just be the photo, but the "black ops" wing actually looks BLACK in the picture ... is it anodized from you?

Todd
    08 Supra, 24 SSV Gravity Games

"Look everyone, my crown has a GECKO!"

IP
    The wing look's awsome, & just want to thank you for continuing to make new developments which allow our sport to move forward & the big air riders that help with imput info !
    SKIYA

IP
    Thank you for posting the pics! It is always interesting to get a good look at the different designs. Particularly the way you have shaped the back of the wing where it leads into the t bar. Dang. I sure hope someone I know pops for one of these. I appreciate the diversity of choices we currently have in this sport and want to try everything I can. Fun stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast