Notices

Thread: Air Technique

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    IP
    Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for posting it now. It's been slow on here lately..we needed something to watch!

2. IP
    Quote Originally Posted by PillHill View Post
    Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for posting it now. It's been slow on here lately..we needed something to watch!
    You bet. Post any questions.

3. IP
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeanie View Post
    another awesome clip, thanks for putting together and obviously for doing this
    Nuge did a great job editing. Post any questions and I will get back to you. GO BIG!

4. Foilforum Addict Tallredrider's Avatar
    IP
    The Ferney video suddenly says it is restricted. What happened?

EDIT: My computer was signed in to Google under someone else's name. When I signed out, then signed myself in, it works. Strange, but glad that I could get it to work.

I watched the video with my buddy and promptly went to the lake and threw one beautiful gainer and then started a huckfest. Not sure why I simply have no capacity to stay in line with my Tbar sometimes. He did the exact same thing, one nice one, then huck city. 50 degree water is also starting to take its toll on my foil. Things are glitchy at that temperature.
    Last edited by Tallredrider; 12-05-2015 at 05:45 PM.

5. IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
    The Ferney video suddenly says it is restricted. What happened?
    Not sure. Huge?

IP
    I just watched part of it. Working fine.

7. Reverse Scorpion Professional RyanPurvisNZ's Avatar
    IP
    Hi Fern, any chance you could have a look at my video. There's not much to go off but my main concern is I'm getting slack rope on my wake rolls. I land them ok if I get line tension back before I land but as the last one shows, I still have slack rope.
    I'm riding at 24mph and 100ft of line on an air chair mv38.
    https://youtu.be/eOp43nXnWbw

8. IP
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPurvisNZ View Post
    Hi Fern, any chance you could have a look at my video. There's not much to go off but my main concern is I'm getting slack rope on my wake rolls. I land them ok if I get line tension back before I land but as the last one shows, I still have slack rope.
    I'm riding at 24mph and 100ft of line on an air chair mv38.
    https://youtu.be/eOp43nXnWbw
    Looking good!! Good news is that you are getting good leverage between the angle of your wings and the boat. The slack comes from letting off the line as you dip- in more technical terms, as you pendulum cut into the wake, you let off the line a little bit as your arc to dip. Your arc looks really good on the wake rolls. Keep that line loaded when you dip and be more aggressive... do not let up at all.
    Your gainer is a different story- nice vertical take off but your are slacking up before you take off (good air but could go bigger with line). Your gainer is way different than the wake roll. The gainer is essentially cutting to build up a bunch of speed (pendulum cut) then you let up and arc even with the boat (slack created and you drop the outside hand) and then take off. The other way to do this is to progressively pendulum cut out, arc to 10 degrees from straight and take off with two hands riding the foil out of the water.
    Let me know if this clears things up or if you have questions. KEEP CHARGING!

9. Reverse Scorpion Professional RyanPurvisNZ's Avatar
    IP
    Thanks so much Ben, that makes sense to me as I have been trying a few new changes lately and launching with good line tension has been a part of that. Mainly on wake and air jumps but they are constantly improving. I added a video of a wake roll that I threw yesterday and it added 4 frames to my PB. The launch appears to have good tension and the line is better through the trick.
    https://youtu.be/OYKSrmawCxo

I also hit a new PB on my wake jump in the same run.
    https://youtu.be/PqmKMiJaTks

Hopefully I'm on the right track. I did have a good crack at the arc to dip method during some practice time and when I got it right, I could feel a strong upwards pull with the board coming up between myself and the boat. I would usually just launch off across the wake but to tweak the board angle mid dip bringing it between myself and the boat launched more solid and with more line tension. That's my interpretation of the concept anyway. Thanks again for your help, I am always up for advice.
    Cheers Ryan

10. IP
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPurvisNZ View Post
    Thanks so much Ben, that makes sense to me as I have been trying a few new changes lately and launching with good line tension has been a part of that. Mainly on wake and air jumps but they are constantly improving. I added a video of a wake roll that I threw yesterday and it added 4 frames to my PB. The launch appears to have good tension and the line is better through the trick.
    https://youtu.be/OYKSrmawCxo

I also hit a new PB on my wake jump in the same run.
    https://youtu.be/PqmKMiJaTks

Hopefully I'm on the right track. I did have a good crack at the arc to dip method during some practice time and when I got it right, I could feel a strong upwards pull with the board coming up between myself and the boat. I would usually just launch off across the wake but to tweak the board angle mid dip bringing it between myself and the boat launched more solid and with more line tension. That's my interpretation of the concept anyway. Thanks again for your help, I am always up for advice.
    Cheers Ryan
    Yes, the wake roll was much better. Pause the clip just before the wings exit the water and you will see that your shoulders are a bit behind the strut. That's what is causing the funky rotation of the roll- the next step is to get your chest in FRONT of the strut (not even or behind). The pendulum cut is solid, stay on it during the arc. Very NICE!!

I'm too chicken to do big wake jumps now.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast