Notices

Thread: X-Air Seat Tower - Review

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. X-Air Seat Tower - Review 
    Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    Hey Guys,

I just thought I would give my $.02 about the new X-Air seat tower. I have been riding for over 12 years, so I have ridden a TON of different equipment, so be that what it is. I am also not a pro. Just an everyday guy like most of us on here. Honestly, in my opinion, this could be the best tower that I have ever ridden. Here is why......

- Frame is One solid piece, not multiple pieces, pivoting points, hinges or pins that I constantly end up breaking as seen below:
    http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...a-good-feeling
    - Super light weight in comparison to all the other towers I have ridden (Evo, Softail, Rock Tower, Shock Tower, Sampson, Etc.)
    - Seat sits you 1.5" more forward = less hunching and sore back from riding (I ride a hot setup with lots of lift, so my back tends to get sore after a long ride)
    - Rock solid / No Flex on Takeoff
    - Soft landing, no sore back or shots up my spine
    - Makes it easier to keep your body in front of the t-bar when going big on take-off
    - Nice thick Seat Pad
    - Just looks damn cool!!!!

Also, to top it off, the customer service I have gotten from Nathan and Tracy has been awesome!!!! They followed up with me to make sure I was happy with the seat.

I am one HAPPY customer!!!! Thanks X-Air

IP
    I would agree with Brent's review. I finally got out on mine this weekend and have to say I am impressed. Very light compared to my shock tower. No I didn't weigh it but just lifting the ski in and out of the rack you can feel the difference. Solid takeoff with a nice landing. I did find it took a bit of getting use to the forward design as it seems I am crunch to my knees more and would like to move my feet forward. And at the end of the weekend my back felt good. Can't wait to get on her for extended seat time next week. Now I need a light weight board to go with it!!!

Senior Foiler Elite popeonarope's Avatar
    IP
    I've also been riding the X-Air tower for the 2012 season and have loved it! Several of the riders that were testing the towers last year kept saying how much better their backs felt after a day of riding. I have to toally agree. The first 2 days of riding on the new tower I rode about 6-7 sets. Although I was black and blue from falls, my lower back was the one thing that did not hurt. I also had almost no stiffness in my back at the end of a set or the next day. Normally after 2 days straight of riding, I have a hard time bending over for a couple days. Not the case with the X-Air tower.

I've been riding the evo tower for the past 4 years and the transition over to the new tower took about 1/2 a set. For me, the timing is somewhat similar to an Evo with the carbon mod and the landing is nice and soft. Durability is a big thing for me. I've probably bought every part of the Evo tower at least 4 times over the years. Normally by this time of year I would have bought an Evo side or 2 and some rails. This has not been the case for the X-Air tower. Since the frame is made of only a few pieces welded together, it is hard to see where the tower would fail.

If you are in interested in the tower, call Nathan or Tracey and talk to them about it. They have towers in stock and are ready to move them!! Here is the contact information:

X Air, Inc.
    706-342-7323
    www.XAirFoils.com
    XAir@XAirFoils.com
    www.Facebook.com/XAirfoils

Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    Just mounted my tower on Saturday and I can't wait to take it for a ride. Nathan and Tracy have given me nothing but great support so far.

IP
    Pics???

Foilforum Addict Suicidal-Element's Avatar
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Pics???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtower1.JPG 
Views:	454 
Size:	507.1 KB 
ID:	8284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtower2.JPG 
Views:	489 
Size:	548.4 KB 
ID:	8285

IP
    This seat sounds dreamy......
    Mike G

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal-Element View Post
    - Seat sits you 1.5" more forward
    Is that 1 1/2" forward from the stock SkySki location? Seems excessive... Did you have to add some positive to your setup so you could maintain good foot pressure cutting?

IP
    Will a fork top tbar fit this seat?

Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    I think the idea was to move top of the seat forward so you can sit farther back on it with you butt. The cg should be about the same.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast