Notices

Thread: X-Air Seat Tower - Review

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    Took mine out for the first time today and really like it. Took a few minutes to get used to sitting on more of the seat. Landings are a LOT nicer than my previous rock tower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	295 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	8333  

IP
    Last month I talked to the xair tower riders about the softer landings with the new tower. Been riding my rock tower with skate board bushing and carbon plate for several years, back hurting. So I measured the critical points on the xair tower, and modded my rock tower to basiclly mimic the x tower setup, the change was moving my seat location 1.125 inches forward.

So when you ride the belt is in the same location, you still have to have your spline in same location on the seat over the tbar, but the 1 1/8" forward seat pad lets your thighs take some of the landing shock instead of just your spine sitting on the front edge of the seat, the overall effect is a softer feeling landing without your belt loosening or shocks and linkage. Good move for my old rock tower.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEDMAN View Post
    Last month I talked to the xair tower riders about the softer landings with the new tower. Been riding my rock tower with skate board bushing and carbon plate for several years, back hurting. So I measured the critical points on the xair tower, and modded my rock tower to basiclly mimic the x tower setup, the change was moving my seat location 1.125 inches forward.

So when you ride the belt is in the same location, you still have to have your spline in same location on the seat over the tbar, but the 1 1/8" forward seat pad lets your thighs take some of the landing shock instead of just your spine sitting on the front edge of the seat, the overall effect is a softer feeling landing without your belt loosening or shocks and linkage. Good move for my old rock tower.
    I wonder who originally moved there seat forward an inch and a half and said "sweet! I'm never going back!"?

IP
    I have been riding my x tower for 8 days straight and the back and tailbone are feeling great. The ribs are another story - damn overrotated rolls.

IP
    Yea I think I have had my X-Air tower for about 3 weeks now, and I feel fantastic. I went from a shock tower to an X-Air tower and I feel much better and the ski rides better than it ever did with the shock tower.

IP
    I probably missed this in other threads about the tower :

- price?
    - compatibility with which t-bars? B39 in particular?

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Foilforum Addict
    IP
    All kown Tbars fit also B39 and Lex without any mod like a cutout .....

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Foil~N~Tech View Post
    I wonder who originally moved there seat forward an inch and a half and said "sweet! I'm never going back!"?
    I remember Mike Mack having an old plastic seat AirChair with a piece of white cutting board plastic bolted to the top in a way that extended the seat pad forward about 2"..... probably around 1997?
    I understand that Murphy took that into consideration when they designed the first Rock Tower. He used to mention that all the time in his sales pitch.

9. Xair tower review from long time novice 
    IP
    Took my new XAir tower out today for the first time. Previously rode a shock tower. Both Linda and I give it four "thumbs up". Much more responsive when approaching the wake for jumping. The shock tower tended to give too much when loading up. Gonna have to get used to it, but today was a good start. A couple other riders noticed I landed hard on my old shock tower a few weeks ago (something I never really thought about). I need to work on my landing position to softening the landings. The new tower should help teach me better riding technique. As far as riding position on the seat, there's more seat to sit on. We've got several days to play on it and maybe try shimming wings differently after a few days.

The tower weighed in at 8 lb. 5 oz. out of the box, with the seat cushion, no belt. Maybe gravity is a little stronger here? Plan on new tbar bolts if you get one. Old ones were a hair short. Gonna do the board bolt mod and get rid of the d-nuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1208_2.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	8545  

IP
    Any opinions on the xair T-bar?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast