Notices

Thread: VOTE for 2012 USHA Awards today until 9/28

1. VOTE for 2012 USHA Awards today until 9/28 
    IP
    You can now VOTE for 2012 USHA Awards!

From now until Friday 9/28 - Voting booth is open!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7KB9LTR (which then takes you to a Survey Monkey page)

Award Ballot

USHA is ready for this year's awards to honor up-and-coming athletes and dedicated individuals in the sport of hydrofoiling.
    • Nominees and Nominators must be USA-WS or USHA Members.
    • You don't have to compete in order to be nominated, but you do need to be a USHA member.
    • Nominees will be judged for their performance from 9/1/2011 to 8/31/2012.
    • USHA awards winners for each category will be given to USA-WS for award nominees in similar categories.

This year, the following awards will be given out for these categories:

Male Athlete of the Year
    A male winner will be recognized each year for his outstanding athletic achievement, and his work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.

Female Athlete of the Year
    A female winner will be recognized each year for her outstanding athletic achievement, and her work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.

Rising Star - Junior Athlete of the Year
    Any junior athlete 17 years of age or younger on January 1 will be recognized each year. The award is for outstanding athletic achievement and work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.

Ambassador of the Year
    A winner will be recognized each year for their dedication and contributions as a representative, coach, or judge for the sport of hydrofoiling.

Most Improved Athlete of the Year
    A winner will be recognized this year for his outstanding athletic achievements during the year, and his work as an ambassador for the sport of hydrofoiling.

Best Supporting Member of the Year
    An individual (non-skier) will be recognized this year for their dedication and contributions to the sport of hydrofoiling in the areas of boat driving, media or other.

That's Incredible Award - No VOTE needed at this time

Hydrofoil Club of the Year - No VOTE needed at this time

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7KB9LTR (which then takes you to a Survey Monkey page)

IP
    11 votes are in so far... you have plenty of time to vote!

IP
    There are 102 members on the USHA roster that I have from USA-WS. There are probably a few that didn't pick a sports discipline "HYD" (hydrofoiling) and so we may have a few more members out there.

Remember any aged member can vote! YES - old members, young members, oops... I forgot my own daughter should vote :)

IP
    Up to 22 votes!

Did you vote? Not for the Presidential elections that didn't happen yet. Did you vote for a USHA member to be recognized for a crap-load of good stuff and have those individuals possible win a USA-WS award??

There is quite a race going between all the awards!!! did you remember to vote? and yes - you can sign up for USHA membership today to vote :) send me a PM. You get the magazine, the insurance, the support for our sport as part of USA-WS with the goal of being in the Olympics/etc/etc/etc! Ok - so the membership isn't that glamourous, but hey - it's a fun group of people :)

IP
    Today and tomorrow are left for voting! Thank you to everyone who voted!

I love the comments especially around having more nominees to vote for. We definitely have quite a few talented and dedicated people in this support. We only had a few nominators, and I wish we had more people who would recognize others.

One thing that I wanted to mention - I really do not appreciate comments about the age of the nominee ..."advanced age" is sometimes called "grace" or "experience" or "continued excellence". I know we are all getting older and in my advanced age I hope to keep skiing too.