Notices

Thread: Body Glove Vapor 4/3mm Back Zip

1. Body Glove Vapor 4/3mm Back Zip 
    IP
    I bought a Body Glove Vapor wetsuit off an Internet site for about $250. I bought it to use when the water is warmer than 50°F. Which is most of the time in Arizona. Typically I don't see water below 55° but sometimes when I go to Parker or Powell I will find the water a little bit cooler. The air temperature today was 58° and the water temperature was 56°. I got to try it out the other day and it is absolutely wonderful.

The water just beads up and drips off. Kinda like a waxed car. It's almost a dry suit. I never became cold. I actually just left the suit on all day, and it was comfortable. When I took it off this afternoon it was about half dry inside. Most the water was around my seat. The water that came in all came from around my neck. I found that movement in the water while waiting for the boat to go gave me more water than the 2 times I landed on my head. The material feels slick to the touch and I thought it was going to be very slick on the seat but that was not the case. My standard BG 3/2 suit's slide around much more than the Vapor. I have a body glove 3/2 mm wetsuit that was not quite adequate when the water got below 60°. I did wear it down to 55 last season but I was pretty chilled at the end of a 20-25 minute run. I have a NRS dry suit as well but I could never get comfortable in the dry suit. The dry suit works fine and will be the way to go when it's super cold outside or in the water. I wore neo socks and gloves. Both covered the cuffs and ankles. This made the suit 100% sealed. While in the boat my toes got very cold because I never took off the neo socks and the were wet so next time I'm going to bring my SCUBA booties to wear when I'm not in the water. My core temperature stayed warm enough that my hands never got cold during or after the run.

This wetsuit is super comfortable, extra warm and very stretchy. Flexibility is definitely not an issue. I highly recommend it. I give it 4.5 out of five stars. The .5 star gets left off because there is no zipper relief. I will not urinate in this suit. It's that dry.

Just a word of caution. I am not your normal cold water person. I don't break out my long suit until the water hits 62. I wore my BG 3/2mm suit down to 55. I wore my BG 3/2 Shorty Spring suit SCUBA diving in Costa Rica while everyone else wore 7mm and my wife wore a 5mm shorty over here 3/2mm. So if you are a cold water weenie buy a suit that is appropriate for you.

I might not be able to try water colder than 55 this year but I wouldn't be afraid to wear the Vapor down to 45-50.

IP
    They are great suits and I am a cold water weenie and I love this vapor suit. Bryan wore it in 42 degree water and stayed warm, only feet and hands were cold.

IP
    I live almost year round in my 4/3 O Neill . Have to love that thermofiber chest material on the inside! But I still get a bit cold if it is windy in the boat, so I toss on a gore tex shell after I get out of the water. Now that's toasty!

Sealed seams are the bomb.

IP
    Big Jay,

Would you share where you found it for that price? PM would be ok if you don't want to blast it out here ...

Thanks,
    Todd

Found some mens and womens here:

http://discountsurfco.com/
    08 Supra, 24 SSV Gravity Games

"Look everyone, my crown has a GECKO!"

IP
    http://discountsurfco.com/body-glove...llsuit-d11134/

The story goes, I went on the hunt for a Vapor suit. I found discount surf and went through the drop down menus WETSUITS/MEN'S WETSUITS/MEN'S 4/3MM WETSUITS I found the black Vapor for $311 in size L and ordered it. They sent me an email saying they were out of stock. They did have the Charcoal though. So I went on the site to see if the charcoal was some ugly color and found that it was $219. So I told him I would take the Charcoal at the $219 price. I would have ordered the Charcoal color to save the extra money but I missed it some how. So I got a $400MSRP suit for $236 to my door.

So when you're shopping look at all the options.

IP
    The oniel hybrid drysuit is mostly neoprene...all neoprene seals....very comfortable, doesnt slip around on the seat, and you can wear sweatshirts etc underneath to stay warm in colder water. I dont know why everyone doesnt wear them....they are the bomb, even if you dont like drysuits....its mostly a wetsuit with the benifits of a drysuit. Down here half the people I ride with wear them, and the other half dont know what there missing. I do add neoprene socks and gloves as well and stay nice and warm...todays water temp was 48 and I wasnt cold.

http://www.wakerootsrideshop.com/pro...FYp_Qgod0ycArw

Team Rider
    Airchair Outlaw Tower
    Airchair Carbon Board
    N2orbit Fuse 39 Tbar
    N2orbit Phoenix Front, UFO Rear

AC Belt / Malibu Mark Bindings

Paul

- All the best things in life can be done in the water.

IP
    Jay,

Thanks for the information on the wetsuit. As far as bargains go, our crew in the NW rides a Billabong FOIL wetsuit (5-4-3 mm)

http://www.cleanlinesurf.com/product...3-Wetsuit.html

It goes for around $160 and is very warm. We have ridden with it in water temps below 50 degrees (one time I tried 42 and it wasn't a good idea because my feet froze). The only issue we have had with it is that a few of use have slid through the front of the seat (not with the X Air seat tower though).

Hope this helps too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    http://discountsurfco.com/body-glove...llsuit-d11134/

The story goes, I went on the hunt for a Vapor suit. I found discount surf and went through the drop down menus WETSUITS/MEN'S WETSUITS/MEN'S 4/3MM WETSUITS I found the black Vapor for $311 in size L and ordered it. They sent me an email saying they were out of stock. They did have the Charcoal though. So I went on the site to see if the charcoal was some ugly color and found that it was $219. So I told him I would take the Charcoal at the $219 price. I would have ordered the Charcoal color to save the extra money but I missed it some how. So I got a $400MSRP suit for $236 to my door.

So when you're shopping look at all the options.

IP
    This might be a good deal too , never tried one but the price looks good . http://www.quiksilver.com/product/in...81778.16038856
    -Farrell

IP
    This is the wetsuit and video about it Fern was talking about , looks like a good suit , I just ordered one for $214 CD . Cant wait to try it out :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BjRl...layer_embedded