Notices

Thread: Sky Ski LE 38 Lots of added extras

1. Sky Ski LE 38 Lots of added extras 
    actionfigure
    IP
    This is a two yr old Sky Ski LE 38. Simply the best high performance hydrofoil period! I have added: Cinch Max Belt, Cinch foot straps, anodized foot stays, carbon fiber seat base plate. It also comes with a cover. I'll throw in a training "V" handle that makes getting up easier to learn. To buy this setup new it would cost you over 5,700 bucks. This ski was professionally tuned this season. If you want the biggest air possible behind a boat this is it! The ski is in perfect shape and rides awesome. check out www.skyski.com
    Located in Lake Tapps, WA (near Tacoma/Seattle area)
    Open to offers Over 3K
    call 253-447-4882
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky1.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	911.1 KB 
ID:	1021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky4.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	948.9 KB 
ID:	1022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky8.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	1,017.4 KB 
ID:	1023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky10.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	642.5 KB 
ID:	1024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sky2.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	875.5 KB 
ID:	1025  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky5.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	730.8 KB 
ID:	1026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky7.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	1,005.7 KB 
ID:	1027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky9.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	824.3 KB 
ID:	1028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky6.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	731.8 KB 
ID:	1029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky3.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	957.4 KB 
ID:	1030  

Last edited by actionfigure; 09-11-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: adding pics

2. Adjusted asking price. 
    actionfigure
    IP
    I have adjusted my asking price. This ski is in excellent shape. Hate to sell it, but I need to.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by actionfigure View Post
    I have adjusted my asking price. This ski is in excellent shape. Hate to sell it, but I need to.
    I know you have a lot into your ski but there is a really good chance you might have a hard time selling it for $3000+. At least here on these forums. The major reason is simple but frustrating I'm sure. Your equipment is outdated. The wings are old, and no one really rides a shock tower anymore. There are a few people but for the most part they are not sought after. Your best bet is to put it on ebay. To give you an example there was a Sky Ski LE on craigslist not to long ago that went for $2000. And it was in EXCELLENT condition. Hate to be the bairer sp? of bad news but those are the facts.

Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    Actually it went for $1800, I missed out on it to a fellow forum member :).
    Mike
    '12 MB Sport 23' B52 Widebody -- SOLD
    '04 Mastercraft X2 -- SOLD
    Sky Ski Launch
    XXX/UFO/Xair

sebastien
    IP
    New member on this forum with no foil yet

I am looking for 1 (as I had the chance to try 1 for a week, really liked it).

However I can't spend $5000 for a new one.

I could go up to $3000 (which is the price roughly for a brand new B39).

What would you think is better for a beginner?

an old LE38 like this one or a brand new B39?

Finally, I wanted to go for a shock tower (in order to save my back... as I am not an expert in landing... yet) as I heard that a shock tower provides a softer landing (despite the fact it's pretty heavy)

What do you think?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Cheers

SEB

Tug
    IP
    still for sale? I'm going to be getting one but don't quite have the cash right now but I do not want a "beginner" ski. I want to do it right from the first purchase.

7. Listed on Ebay 
    actionfigure
    IP
    I have put the Foil on Ebay. If interested click here.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290260098383

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
    an old LE38 like this one or a brand new B39?

Finally, I wanted to go for a shock tower (in order to save my back... as I am not an expert in landing... yet) as I heard that a shock tower provides a softer landing (despite the fact it's pretty heavy)

What do you think?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Cheers

SEB
    I would take this one over a brand new B39!! There is no comparison but then again you may not be able to buy this one for the same price as a new B39.
    I don't believe it is really fair for this seller to compare this one to the one on Craigslist. First off the one on Craigslist was an unbelievable and rare deal and it is gone now so it doesn't really matter. Also I think the one on Craigslist was an older LE which was the LEX. They are great rides but have a shorter T-bar. I personally really like the longer T-bars and I think they are better for beginers too. They have more T-bar to play with before the blades come out of the water and their eyes get bigger the higher up they go.
    Most people like the Evo towers and you can get a new LE38 with the Max air and Evo for a pretty good price compared to the $5700 that this one cost new but if you have a bad back, the shock tower is a little more cushy than the Evo. This one has the B-flat front wing and even though most people will opt for the Max air front, I find the B-flat to be one of the easist and most stable front wings out there. It doesn't have the pop of some of the current big wings but it will go plenty high for most people and is really easy to ride.
    In my opinion this is a good ride for someone starting out that doesn't want to upgrade for a long, long time. To make a long story short, I would spend more for this one than a new B39.

Senior Foiler Elite
    IP
    Looks like Big Jay had the right answer, this foil went for $3400 on eBay, congrats!
    Mike
    '12 MB Sport 23' B52 Widebody -- SOLD
    '04 Mastercraft X2 -- SOLD
    Sky Ski Launch
    XXX/UFO/Xair