Notices

Thread: 2014- The year of the invert

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by PillHill View Post
    So, was 2014 the year of the invert, or is 2015 going to be the year of the invert? We're all rooting for you!
    I was on the cusp, dismounts were feeling very good, and then I got injured. So for me, 2015 is the year of the invert! I should be healed up by May, and will be at it hard then. If I just 'keep my arms inside the ride at all times' I should be fine.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by PillHill View Post
    So, was 2014 the year of the invert, or is 2015 going to be the year of the invert? We're all rooting for you!
    2014 started off ok, went at it and every drive home, every mid week thought was about inverts. I had some beautiful gainers going on in my mind all the time. Get on the water and try a few, lose confidence. It eventually ate me up and I gave up trying for a while. A while turned into the rest of the summer. Choked.

My skiing buddy was similar until late August or so then he started hucking a bunch. Then he started going for it off the wake (dismount). He had some great carnage and was over rotating all the time, but he was trying.

I've recently dug out the handful of advice tips I've copied and pasted onto my ipad (which goes on the boat) and revisited the advice. Feel good about going for it again this year.

Last year, while I chickened out, I spent a good bit of time learning and working on line tension as well as getting rid of some mental blocks on one side that had developed.

Everything in this sport has taken me "longer than others" to accomplish. Always has frustrated me about this sport having been a really good athlete my whole life.

The other thing that makes it so damn easy to chicken out, riding and jumping is fun and rewarding, regardless of the fail on inverts last year. It might be easier to just do it if it was the only measure of success or fun.

Looking forward to the water filling up and then warming up. We got out on March 29th last year (cold/windy). Have a goal to always start earlier, finish later in the season. Been achieving that for four years now.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    We're riding all winter on Lanier, come over and we'll get you on the right track with a gainer.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohler@LavonTX View Post
    We're riding all winter on Lanier, come over and we'll get you on the right track with a gainer.
    I know your water temp, thanks for the offer but I will pass :)

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    Dry suit, hot water and a heater on the boat. No excuse:)

IP
    Guys, don't get discouraged that you didn't get gainers landed this year. I rode for around 10 years before I really tried to start landing them. You can always work on your jumping technique, adding height and some style like grabs. It teaches you about balance in the air and how to recover on rough landings. It's good practice you'll find useful for gainers and such. Just hang on and ride that **** out. (Also makes for some spectacular crashes!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234