Notices

Thread: Goals for 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IP
    Made my first goal for 2014. It's not 50 frames and not even 50cm but, I rode away from a jump today...and then another one & another. It was such a blast, I lost count & couldn't stop. There were some board slaps but some landed like a giant shock absorber and very few crashes. I still can't get the smile off my face. Can't wait to hit it again.
    This was day 3 of jump attempts, I think the key was slowing the boat down to 20mph.
    My next goal is clearing the wake (by the end of the season).......and maybe a gainer on a dismount (I can already do a half, so getting all the way around can't be much harder...right?)

IP
    land any invert at least once!

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    land any invert at least once!
    Same for me! Today I did the standard dismount gainer to relaunch gainer. I have seen lots of guys do that, but never did it myself. It felt awesome, as my previous dismounts ended on my head or stuffing the nose. So I am moving slowly in the right direction. Now I just need to get that rotation slowed down. Jump, then flip!

IP
    I have already started the year off great. I have accomplished 2 of my goal for 2014. FF 50 frames and air front.

Front Flip 50 frames

Air Front

Off side front
    Gainer 50 frames

2012 Foiltech 40
    2013 FoilTech Death Blade II
    2013 FTR Rear
    2015 XAir Tower
    2015 XAir Black Board
    2015 Malibu Make Bindings

www.utahhydrofoiling.com

Am I pissing you off-fuh-fuh?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by simiflyer View Post
    Made my first goal for 2014. It's not 50 frames and not even 50cm but, I rode away from a jump today...and then another one & another. It was such a blast, I lost count & couldn't stop. There were some board slaps but some landed like a giant shock absorber and very few crashes. I still can't get the smile off my face. Can't wait to hit it again.
    This was day 3 of jump attempts, I think the key was slowing the boat down to 20mph.
    My next goal is clearing the wake (by the end of the season).......and maybe a gainer on a dismount (I can already do a half, so getting all the way around can't be much harder...right?)
    I got and rode my first foil last September, so this is really the end of year one for me (not Dec 31st).
    Anyway, I got across the wake last weekend at Nacimiento (with wakeboard rope at full length). Still very inconsistent as my timing tends to be off most of the time - now it's all about repetition to improve consistency. I jump much better out in the flats.
    As for the dismount gainer, I think I got there too. Unfortunately, I think I have set it in my memory now and the next problem will be figuring out how to not drop the rope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12