Notices

Thread: Is it time??? From the admin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IP
    Reading all the posts make it obvious the site is valued and all the work you put into keeping it running is appreciated. I do recognize that it must be a burden to administer, so if the burden is at all financial, and if it would help to have help with that, I would be happy to contribute to help offset your expenses. Just saying.
    Sam Caddle
    Lake Oroville, CA

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Samcaddle@yahoo.com View Post
    Reading all the posts make it obvious the site is valued and all the work you put into keeping it running is appreciated. I do recognize that it must be a burden to administer, so if the burden is at all financial, and if it would help to have help with that, I would be happy to contribute to help offset your expenses. Just saying.
    I would help with a donation as well. I work in IT, but I'm not a web admin otherwise I would offer help there.

IP
    I would miss the forum.

As far as the volume of posts goes, it seems to me to fluctuate as topics of primary interest have come up. There was endless talk as the shift from 14lb boards came about. But now we have kind of settled in with new cf boards and the various companies. There were a lot of posts regarding evo hinges and mods. Then a burst when the crate towers made the scene. New wings drove posts. My point is that right now there isn't really anything comparable occurring. No big shift. I'm not down playing your Extreme wing development! There still are quite a few views. It may take something new to drive up the posts again.

If you do decide to let the forum go I would like to thank you for your time, effort and resources. Led me to meet a lot of new people, attend a number of fly ins and gave me an outlet for my odd foiling shirts. Too much fun :)

Reverse Scorpion Professional firedude's Avatar
    IP
    Shu, I have no IT experience either and have no idea the amount of work it must take to keep this forum alive, all I can say is thank you for all your hard work up to this point and like others have mentioned if there is anyway we can help (donations, etc) please let us know. One thing I can offer for sure is every time you produce a new wing I'll be buying it, somehow you keep finding a way to keep making them better!!

Admin - XTREME Foils XtremeFoils's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IP
    All,

Well this certainly wasn't posted to give people a reason to pat me on the back, but thanks for all the kind words! There is obviously a following on here that is passionate about hydrofoiling, so foilforum will remain up and running. If there are any computer geeks that have managed a forum before (or would like to learn) and would ever want to take on foilforum, let me know. I'd be happy to keep funding the yearly maintenance, but I just don't have the time to devote to improving the look, etc.

Is it spring yet??? Foil on, my friends!!!
    Shu

P.S. Dominic is in the middle of his JV State hockey tournament, and after winning their first game last night we go out for dinner. We are talking about the game, and he says... "Dad, I hear some of the lakes are starting to open up - think we should see if we can get the boat in?" That's my son... Hockey one day, boating the next! :)

Bryan - "Shuey" Foilmacher

2008/2009 USA Waterski Innovator of the Year!!!

IP
    got any hockey video?

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    I was late to the show on this, but just wanted to show my appreciation as well. This forum has been a driving force on my journey with Foiling. From buying my first ski to going to my first Fly Inn. None of it would have happened with out this board! I have made a ton of friends and been on a lot of adventures that would have never happened without it. I am guilty of not posting much anymore and will try to be more active. Life has a way of getting in the way some times. Gotta make time, not excuses! Thanks again Shu!

IP
    I still check in every day.

Blog Entries
    IP
    I still check about once a day, don't post much anymore thought. When your new to the sport the knowledge on here is a goldmine.
    ONE MORE TRY

IP
    Shu,I sure do appreciate the forum and all the work that you put into it. Maybe it's like having kids, they sometimes don't show you appreciation until your gone. I hope this thread does not fade away some changes could be in order as the sport matures. Also I think it's important to note that for every post and response there are a much greater number of views by members and non members.
    Dennis Pinter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast