Notices

Thread: why I like Havasu so much... in April

1. why I like Havasu so much... in April 
    IP
    Wow, Havasu in April. Air temp in the low 80's midday (very comfortable). Arrived on Wednesday so there weren't really any other boats ( a few bass fishermen) at all. The water was nice and I never wore my spring suit. Went crazy and hit it every morning at 7, stopped for lunch, rode again and squeezed in an evening run too. What killed us was the big midday glass we got on Friday where it was empty and everyone just didn't want to stop. Lunch was blown off. The hot tub at Havasu Springs... so crucial!

My biggest disappointments. Finally meeting up with Don and Wendy in their boats after we had rolled for 5 hours. My crew mutinied and insisted I BBQ for lunch. I did not get to chase Jake and Kyle for the killer side shot. I still need that for a new shirt! I apologize to Wendy. She made every effort to hook up with us and it was just bad timing. Second bummer, no Collin, because he was helping a friend and trying to stay away from the water with his nasty thumb wound. Third, Murphy and I did not connect and I was hoping he had figured out why his new prototype would not take my Next foils two piece so I could ride with my own wings. (And how does he just f'n pop up and do inverts on those old school wings?) Lastly, did not catch up with the Berrys. Have to go back!

I hear Murphy ran into Vesely. Would have been stoked to see him too. Sure wish I had an air roll like he has. Damn. It has been a couple of years since I went to Havasu and I'm dying to go back right now!

Though I missed out on learning something from Jake and Kyle I did wear myself out and had an absolutely fabulous time. April on Havasu was very, very good to me.

And a big thank you to my awesome slalom ski babes for riding all winter in San Diego and joining me for the endurance marathon on Havasu :) You women are strong! Got my wife up on a slalom ski for the first time in something like twenty years. :)

April. So sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	havasu1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	12306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifey.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	12307  

IP
    Wifey with glass, duck visitation and Rupertos (ono breakfast burrito with adjacent truck and trailer parking as one exits through Parker).

Name:	wifey2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	12308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duck.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	12309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rupertos.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	12310  

IP
    Did you see the PFC sticker at Robertos drive thru?

IP
    Missed the sticker again. I like to sit down and focus on my breakfast burrito. Will have to take a selfie with the sticker next time I go... which won't be long from now! Rupertos is the bomb.

Did not hit Foxs, which just seems wrong :) Glad to see you were rocking Marine Stadium.

My slalom crew were stoked.

Name:	teri2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	12311  

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainsd View Post
    Wow, Havasu in April. Air temp in the low 80's midday (very comfortable). Arrived on Wednesday so there weren't really any other boats ( a few bass fishermen) at all. The water was nice and I never wore my spring suit. Went crazy and hit it every morning at 7, stopped for lunch, rode again and squeezed in an evening run too. What killed us was the big midday glass we got on Friday where it was empty and everyone just didn't want to stop. Lunch was blown off. The hot tub at Havasu Springs... so crucial!

My biggest disappointments. Finally meeting up with Don and Wendy in their boats after we had rolled for 5 hours. My crew mutinied and insisted I BBQ for lunch. I did not get to chase Jake and Kyle for the killer side shot. I still need that for a new shirt! I apologize to Wendy. She made every effort to hook up with us and it was just bad timing. Second bummer, no Collin, because he was helping a friend and trying to stay away from the water with his nasty thumb wound. Third, Murphy and I did not connect and I was hoping he had figured out why his new prototype would not take my Next foils two piece so I could ride with my own wings. (And how does he just f'n pop up and do inverts on those old school wings?) Lastly, did not catch up with the Berrys. Have to go back!

I hear Murphy ran into Vesely. Would have been stoked to see him too. Sure wish I had an air roll like he has. Damn. It has been a couple of years since I went to Havasu and I'm dying to go back right now!

Though I missed out on learning something from Jake and Kyle I did wear myself out and had an absolutely fabulous time. April on Havasu was very, very good to me.

And a big thank you to my awesome slalom ski babes for riding all winter in San Diego and joining me for the endurance marathon on Havasu :) You women are strong! Got my wife up on a slalom ski for the first time in something like twenty years. :)

April. So sweet.

Yes it was a sweet weekend with plenty of glass. Great to see you Kelson, Wendy, Tracy, Jake, Kyle. Got to watch Jake and Kyle for a while it was pretty awesome! Can't wait to get back out there myself.