Notices

Thread: Help with Flowbee

1. Help with Flowbee 
    IP
    I started working on flowbees at the end of last year. This is my first time out this year and I did 9 of them. Number 8 is my best one. I can tell I am not crunching forward enough. What else do I need to work on?

Last edited by Greg; 05-12-2017 at 11:20 PM.

2012 Foiltech 40
    2013 FoilTech Death Blade II
    2013 FTR Rear
    2015 XAir Tower
    2015 XAir Black Board
    2015 Malibu Make Bindings

www.utahhydrofoiling.com

Am I pissing you off-fuh-fuh?

IP
    Big one, like you said, is staying forward. Way forward, from take off throughout the trick. Opening up totally jacks the spin up. Gotta keep the shoulders forward the entire time.

The handle pass is a lot like a standard 360. Jump, drift, pass. Wait until you see the water to pass the handle. Don't look over your shoulder for the water just look left.

Keep the handle tight during the pass. A wide arm will throw the axis off and create slack at the end.

You need more "spin torque", as B.Steele calls it. Don't give your core into the line. If you stop the video when your back is facing the boat you can see your spine bent to the left. Keep your core centered.

Looking good!

IP
    Thanks, buddy. I think the biggest thing I need to do is work on is doing gainers really tucked. This will help my back breaking and keep my core centered.

2012 Foiltech 40
    2013 FTR Rear
    2015 XAir Tower
    2015 XAir Black Board

www.utahhydrofoiling.com

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I started working on flowbees at the end of last year. This is my first time out this year and I did 9 of them. Number 8 is my best one. I can tell I am not crunching forward enough. What else do I need to work on?

Love to see this kind of progression!! Just a few thoughts:
    1) any time you fall tail heavy or away from the boat= too much invert. Pause the attempts after take-off and your back is behind the strut which causes too much invert. Change the axis of the invert after the dip and before the wings exit.
    2) wait longer before passing the handle. Just when you think you should pass wait a bit longer. Then after that, wait longer. Just when you think it's too late. Wait longer. Then pass. You'll feel a bump in the line. As you pass with line put your chest to your knees (eye the tip of the board)
    3) triple fist bump and toss the handle as you land your first of many handle pass mobes.
    4) enjoy those Xtreme Wings. :)

IP
    Thanks, Ben. I have a big habit to break with throwing my back. About where are you in the flip when you feel the bump and start the handle pass?

2012 Foiltech 40
    2013 FTR Rear
    2015 XAir Tower
    2015 XAir Black Board

www.utahhydrofoiling.com

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks, Ben. I have a big habit to break with throwing my back. About where are you in the flip when you feel the bump and start the handle pass?
    By getting forward as the wings exit, it will change the axis of the trick. Another way to look at a proper take off for a handlepass mobe is like a regular gainer or roll, by taking off full power (through the dip) land short and nose heavy. The only way to do that is to get forward as the foil exits the water and it will change the axis of the trick (roll or gainer). Then about 3/4 of the way through the trick, the line will give you a bump and that's when to pass.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFern View Post
    By getting forward as the wings exit, it will change the axis of the trick. Another way to look at a proper take off for a handlepass mobe is like a regular gainer or roll, by taking off full power (through the dip) land short and nose heavy. The only way to do that is to get forward as the foil exits the water and it will change the axis of the trick (roll or gainer). Then about 3/4 of the way through the trick, the line will give you a bump and that's when to pass.
    Thanks I will work on getting forward and feeling that bump.

2012 Foiltech 40
    2013 FTR Rear
    2015 XAir Tower
    2015 XAir Black Board

www.utahhydrofoiling.com