Notices

Thread: WTB complete foil

1. WTB complete foil 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Hey All -

Have been doing a lot of research on the different skis and newer technology vs the old. I am taking the dive! Looking to purchase a complete ski setup. My budget is likely around $1500 but may stretch to 2k'ish if something really catches my eye. Looking forward to giving it a shot with the goal already set of getting inverts down this season.

Let me know if anybody has anything out there. I am located in MN.

Thanks!
    -Tim

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy15 View Post
    Hey All -

Have been doing a lot of research on the different skis and newer technology vs the old. I am taking the dive! Looking to purchase a complete ski setup. My budget is likely around $1500 but may stretch to 2k'ish if something really catches my eye. Looking forward to giving it a shot with the goal already set of getting inverts down this season.

Let me know if anybody has anything out there. I am located in MN.

Thanks!
    -Tim
    With that budget, just make sure you get a longer tbar, you can upgrade around it over time, wings, seat tower, board, etc.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I would figure from what I have seen, that isn't to bad of a budget especially to start things off and really find out how far into it I want to go. Is that a safe assumption? I know I don't want to go as far as a high end next foil or anything but I want something like you mentioned with some upgrades already on it or that it can do as I really progress.

IP
    Try N2Orbit, my buddy just picked one up there on March Break on his way to Florida to ride it for the first time with Geno. Its got some used and new parts, should be a great ski.
    Pine Lake Rider - Ontario Division.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I will check them out thanks! Doesn't appear they have an actual website that I have been able to find. Are they completely phone or email contact/sale discussion?

IP
    N20rbit doesn't have a website. You should contact Marty directly. If you look N20rbit up in the members directory you can find his e-mail address. Gregg and Marty at N2orbit supply wings to AirChair and wing designs to Nextfoils in addition to directly selling the wings they design. Marty deals in complete foil set ups and is always worth an e mail. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he is a great source of information as you try to find a ride you will like. I'm reticent to post his phone number here online, but I am positive that if you contact him he would be happy to talk with you. Marty has always been great at giving me his opinion and he knows a lot about the wide range of wings that are out there regardless of manufacturer. He does have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/N.2.Orbit.Hardcore/

On the same note, give Mike Murphy a call at Nextfoils. He does take in trades and wheels and deals on used set ups. You never know what might be hiding in Mike Murphy's garage!

Be sure to try and hook up with some local foilers. So much gear changes hands as people upgrade. You might find a local deal :)

IP
    A lot of great advice in this post (below)!

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainsd View Post
    N20rbit doesn't have a website. You should contact Marty directly. If you look N20rbit up in the members directory you can find his e-mail address. Gregg and Marty at N2orbit supply wings to AirChair and wing designs to Nextfoils in addition to directly selling the wings they design. Marty deals in complete foil set ups and is always worth an e mail. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he is a great source of information as you try to find a ride you will like. I'm reticent to post his phone number here online, but I am positive that if you contact him he would be happy to talk with you. Marty has always been great at giving me his opinion and he knows a lot about the wide range of wings that are out there regardless of manufacturer. He does have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/N.2.Orbit.Hardcore/

On the same note, give Mike Murphy a call at Nextfoils. He does take in trades and wheels and deals on used set ups. You never know what might be hiding in Mike Murphy's garage!

Be sure to try and hook up with some local foilers. So much gear changes hands as people upgrade. You might find a local deal :)

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Take a look on eBay. Murphy has a few chairs on sale for under $2K. Good luck!