Notices

Thread: New foiler!

1. New foiler! 
    IP
    My wife tried my foil just once years ago and smacked her side. I've been trying for years to get her to try again as I know she would love it if she would just get to the point of being able to ride. I have a kids foil for my daughter that is just an old SkySki with board chopped. My wife finally agreed to try again but only on the kids foil since she thinks mine is too hard, dangerous, etc. She ended up trying mine and got up for a few seconds, and I think she's got the bug. Anyway, my 7 year-old has really been wanting to try but is just too short. He insisted on trying it, and with him sitting on the front edge of the seat, his feet just barely make it to the foot pads. After about 5 attempts, he said one more time, and then boom! He road for a couple of minutes and then had no problem getting up and riding a couple more times during the day. He wakeboards and skis fairly well and recently started wakesurfing a bit but now says the 'Chair' is the funnest thing to ride. What a shock. Anyway, it's always awesome to see your kids get up on something new for the 1st time, and I'm stoked to see Stefan riding the foil now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cqb36l7F3v4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/Cqb36l7F3v4

I tried to embed the video, and it doesn't seem to work - let me know how to fix this.

IP
    cool video, speed was what, about 12mph or so? Thanks for sharing

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    Yep, exactly -12 mph. I think part of Stefan's success is that he can't even get back far enough on the seat to get up on the foil.
    Last edited by brettw; 07-08-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Thats awesome!! Im hoping my 15yo picks up on it this fast and has the patience to keep at it lol