Notices

Thread: Can someone tell me exactly what I got here?

1. Can someone tell me exactly what I got here? 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    So i bought a used boat and it came with a foil... I dont really know what I have here other than its a SkySki. im not sure what model or anything. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sky Ski.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	12753

IP
    Older Sky Ski pro SS model.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Westtnfoiler View Post
    Older Sky Ski pro SS model.
    great ski to learn on, has a shock seat tower too, little heavier but made to soften landings once you are jumping.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeanie View Post
    great ski to learn on, has a shock seat tower too, little heavier but made to soften landings once you are jumping.

Thanks! Good to know it's good to learn on! Any idea on what year this ski is and what it's worth? (not selling just wondering)

IP
    others are better at this than me, but with the shock tower, cinch seat belt and bindings, if all in good shape, board, tbar and wings, used market is anywhere from $800-$1400 maybe. I bought my first one 10 years ago, similar on everything you have except a different seat tower, got a sweet deal at $800, sold it as I upgraded for similar. No loss in value if condition maintained. So, assume you will like the sport, you will want to begin upgrading, many people do it piece meal, part by part to spread the costs out. You will get your money back on this ski as long as it stays in decent shape. Used market for foiling parts is very healthy.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    I would agree, $800-$1000 in the shape it looks to be in.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Seems to be in great shape to me... no cracks visible, no damage to the board, foil has a little oxidation but can easily be cleaned, bindings are a little bit faded in color but velcro still holds great, seat pad and tower are in good shape, seat shock seems to be pretty stiff. Could use cleaning and waxing but looks good... Cant wait to try it out next week... Stuck in west Texas working till then... Thanks for the input guys it was a big help!

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    See what you can do to attend the Texas Flyin. Brazos River south of Weatherford, September 13-16. Riders of all skill levels and a great time to get help with improving your riding. Oh by the way, this is the 20th annual Texas Flyin.