Notices

Thread: Good Equipment for the Money?

1. Good Equipment for the Money? 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I'm looking at a 2002 Sky Ski and wondering if $900 is good price or not. Pictures look good. Some minor scratches but nothing bad and it has rock tower (I think I'm using the right term! - No Shock). What should I expect to spend to get started with a decent setup?

Any foilers in the RDU area? Wouldn't mind meeting you out on the lake one day to talk foiling! Let me know

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by 50&Foiling? View Post
    I'm looking at a 2002 Sky Ski and wondering if $900 is good price or not. Pictures look good. Some minor scratches but nothing bad and it has rock tower (I think I'm using the right term! - No Shock). What should I expect to spend to get started with a decent setup?

Any foilers in the RDU area? Wouldn't mind meeting you out on the lake one day to talk foiling! Let me know
    if it is an sspro and in good condition, $900 is probably an ok price. If you have some pictures, post them up for others to see

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I can't tell from the pictures if it is SS Pro and the seller description doesn't indicate either. Nothing on the top of the board indicates it either.

IP
    I believe it is, others may chime in as well. Used setups like this go from $700/800-$1200/1400. I started with a similar setup for $800, resale holds well should you upgrade later on.

personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

IP
    I agree. $800-$900 is a fair price. It is the cast version and not billet, so that reduces the price a bit. Ride it for a year or two then go for a full upgrade. You should get (nearly?) all your money back.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Is it bad idea to just go a new one? I’m about ready to pull the trigger because it seems there are very few used available.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by 50&Foiling? View Post
    Is it bad idea to just go a new one? I’m about ready to pull the trigger because it seems there are very few used available.
    either way if you have the money. Resale value will be good either way.