Notices

Thread: Started in March and finally making some progress

1. Started in March and finally making some progress 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP

Foiling a couple of evenings a week with a few other guys. Riding a Skyski Pro SS at 22mph with a 70' rope. This is one of my best jumps in last nights session and probably one of my best yet. Working on my consistency and I plan to start jumping from the other side as well. Sorry for the distance I know it makes it hard to give me feed back.

IP
    Very nice. Looks to me like it is time for you to go inverted!

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
    Very nice. Looks to me like it is time for you to go inverted!
    This is a highlight reel for sure, approaching from the other side of the wake isn't that pretty. I have a lesson set up on Wednesday with Geno Yauchler. Im hoping he can get me on the right track.

IP
    practice out wide too, steady cut, doesn't have to be fast, and on the outside do the same dip and go but on the outside. Looking good.

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

Face Planting Noob
    IP

A little more progress by being able to double wake jump from both sides now. Still 70' total rope length at 22mph. Learning a dismount gainer but nothing to brag about there yet. Feedback on how to progress from here is highly encouraged.
    Last edited by sholcomb72; 1 Week Ago at 07:00 AM.

IP
    70' is a bit short for 22mph. I would suggest 75ft. It doesn't seem like much, but slowly lengthening the rope as you ride faster is my recommendation. I'm running 85' at 24-25 mph.

I would also suggest to slow down to 20 or 21mph until you get more consistent. You look a bit unstable. That will slow everything down a little so you can focus on technique. Up to you though. We are all a bit different.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagnWagn View Post
    70' is a bit short for 22mph. I would suggest 75ft. It doesn't seem like much, but slowly lengthening the rope as you ride faster is my recommendation. I'm running 85' at 24-25 mph.

I would also suggest to slow down to 20 or 21mph until you get more consistent. You look a bit unstable. That will slow everything down a little so you can focus on technique. Up to you though. We are all a bit different.
    Do you suggest 75' total or is that 75' rope plus the handle? Thanks for the replies.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sholcomb72 View Post
    Do you suggest 75' total or is that 75' rope plus the handle? Thanks for the replies.
    It's not a hard set length. It seems as though lengths these days are measured with the handle. I'd say 75 with handle. Whatever is comfortable to you.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagnWagn View Post
    It's not a hard set length. It seems as though lengths these days are measured with the handle. I'd say 75 with handle. Whatever is comfortable to you.
    Ran last nights session with 70' rope + handle + Cinch safety release =75ish'. I really liked the longer rope because it gave me more time to set up my approach.

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sholcomb72 View Post
    Ran last nights session with 70' rope + handle + Cinch safety release =75ish'. I really liked the longer rope because it gave me more time to set up my approach.
    rope 70 + handle 5 + cinch 5 = 80' :) I used to have to keep track because I used to switch between the cinch and the comptech. I just got a Bullet release so I don't need to. The cinch is going to collect cobwebs since it is so unreliable on release pressure.

But that is good to hear! Glad you like it.