Notices

Thread: New Rider in The Colony, TX. Looking for local fellow riders and recommendations

1. New Rider in The Colony, TX. Looking for local fellow riders and recommendations 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    I just bought my first sky ski (used), looking forward to getting some parts updated to better fit me and was wondering if there were any recommendations for local (Dallas/Fort Worth Area) shops that could Anodize my T bar and wings. The setup needs some Polish TLC so if there were any shops that had a wheel and would polish it all the better. Otherwise I will do the best I can by hand but ultimately would like to anodize it to keep maintenance to a minimum. Also looking to see who else is out riding in my area. Lake Lewisville is home lake for me. Look forward to getting into this sport. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    IP
    There are a lot of foilers in the DFW area, but I'm not sure who foils on Lewisville. Annodizing requires a near perfect polish job. It can be done by hand, but that is a lot of work. I had my ski anodized by Precision Annodizing in OKC. Good shop that takes pride in their work. Where ever you get your anodizing done, they need to know the series aluminum they are working with. T-bar & wing MFG can help with that if you know which ones you have. Welcome to the addiction!

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Thank you for your response. I made a trip down to WnS Anodizing yesterday. Nice folks down there but the issues you brought up were challenges....what metal is it, is the fuselage cast? etc. The biggest hangup up is the T-bar is JB Welded including the screws that go through the fuselage into the strut. Since those screws are Stainless steel they are saying there is a 10-20% chance the screws get too hot and melt the aluminum...not ideal. Also found a thin coat of anodizing on the front and rear wing which means it has to be stripped first then polished then anodized with the aforementioned 10-20% catastrophic fail potential. I think I am going to send the strut and fuselage to Jake at Sky Ski to have it polished and the JB weld broken down so then I can get it anodized the right way...WnS while the guys were nice are unfamiliar with the equipment so they were wanting to put on a much thicker coat of anodizing than what was recommended by Jake. I have family in Edmond, OK. Maybe I make the trip up to Precision Anodizing in OKC. Thanks.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    i ride lewisville all the time. hit me up.
    Randyman