Notices

Thread: New to the forum

1. New to the forum 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Live in north alabama and looking to get my first foil. Never tried it before, I'm an mediocre course skier, wakeboarder, barefoot skier. This is on my list of the next thing to try. Any suggestions for a first board?

IP
    Welcome. You will love this sport as you don't get tired and the sky is the limit to the potential air you can get. I have a beginner/intermediate foil for sale. It's a brand new Next Foil and is similar to the Sky Ski Pro SS if you are interested in a new one. I was going to use it to train newbies, but I decided to save room in the boat. I haven't listed it for sale yet if you are interested.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagnWagn View Post
    Welcome. You will love this sport as you don't get tired and the sky is the limit to the potential air you can get. I have a beginner/intermediate foil for sale. It's a brand new Next Foil and is similar to the Sky Ski Pro SS if you are interested in a new one. I was going to use it to train newbies, but I decided to save room in the boat. I haven't listed it for sale yet if you are interested.
    Possibly, how much you asking?

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
    Possibly, how much you asking?
    New they are priced at $2000, which this one is brand new and never touched the water. I would let it go for $1500 + shipping. If you don't go with this, check out the Sky Ski Pro SS. I would recommend to stay away from an Air Chair Stealth.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagnWagn View Post
    New they are priced at $2000, which this one is brand new and never touched the water. I would let it go for $1500 + shipping. If you don't go with this, check out the Sky Ski Pro SS. I would recommend to stay away from an Air Chair Stealth.
    Ok, thank you. Yeah I missed a SS last year for 500 bucks only a couple hours drive from me. I need to find one to borrow or someone to go with just to see if I'd even like it. I'm sure I will though

IP
    $500 for a SS is a nice deal as even ancient ones are usually $800-900+, depending on condition and upgrades. You typically will get most if not all your money back on selling one.

You might post in the section "Regional / Find a Pull" to locate someone, or on the facebook Hydrofoilers group.