Notices

Thread: Help with Slingshot rack design

1. Help with Slingshot rack design 
    IP
    I have had some inquiries about a rack for Slingshot Foil Wake boards. I am hoping that I will be able to use my existing rack design but add an extension to the front arm to accommodate the width of the Slingshot board, and probably space out the strut clamp as well. My plan is to design an extension that would pivot to a vertical position when not in use so that it won’t stick out any farther than the arm does now. Ideally I would like to have a Slingshot in the shop for a few days while I work out the details, but I have not yet found one in my area (Connecticut). Another possibility would be if someone with one of my racks (anywhere in the lower 48) also has a Slingshot or knows someone who does, perhaps they could work with me and supply some dimensions; I could make a prototype extension and send it to you to try out and critique, and for your trouble you would get the first working version of the extension at no cost. If you think you can help with this, please comment here or email me at DRGergler@aol.com

Thanks,
    ---Don

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Don,
    we have been discussing this topic in-depth. The need for a wakefoil rack I think is huge. Currently have two CompTech foil racks on my tower and am trying to figure out how or where to put the wakefoil at. I have both a Slingshot and Liquid Force wakefoil. Can’t wait to see what you come up with. Would be happy to provide measurements etc.. Erin Telitz

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Don,
    we have been discussing this topic in-depth. The need for a wakefoil rack I think is huge. Currently have two CompTech foil racks on my tower and am trying to figure out how or where to put the wakefoil at. I have both a Slingshot and Liquid Force wakefoil. Can’t wait to see what you come up with. Would be happy to provide measurements etc.. Erin Telitz

IP
    Erin,
    Some dimensions would be a great start. I need to know the thickness of the board, which may or may not vary along it’s length. It will rest in the rack around where the t-bar is and about 12” - 15” away from that, so that is where I need the measurements. I need a fair degree of accuracy, so if you have access to a good caliper that would help. I will need the width of the board in the area about 12” - 15” away from the center of the tbar. I also need to know if the board is thicker in the middle compared to the edges. And I will need to know the width and thickness of the t-bar; I’m hoping it’s the same as a standard hydrofoil tbar; if it is wider I will have to make a special bracket or strut clamp. Also the length of the tbar from the bottom of the board to the wings (I don’t think that will be a problem, but I don’t like surprises). And please let me know if there is a difference between the slingshot and the Liquid Force in any of these dimensions. You can reply here or email me at DRGergler@aol.com.

If you can fit your board into your Comptech rack arms except for the board width, that would be great news. Is your Comptech rack for the thicker boards?

I really appreciate any information you can give me to help in this endeavor.

Thanks — Don

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Don,

I haven't tried putting the wakeful in the comp tech racks but will. I will take some measuremnts and pics this weekend and forward to you. I will send the pics to your email address. Cant wait to see what you come up with. If you want any particulars please call me on my cell at 619-251-0410. I don't always check back on this site but am available via text or email at erin.telitz@att.net.

V/r
    Erin