Notices

Thread: world record hydrofoil attempt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    IP
    Thats a lot of Inverts... And Math!

Chef Anton
    IP
    Here is a note I just received from Bill Von Zabern:

" Thanks everyone for your interest and support. I'm still pretty sore right now and in places that I never thought were possible. No permanent injuries at least! In all it was worth it. I had an awesome crew that came together to make this attempt possible and successful. Thanks to Al Van, Darren, Chef Anton, Karen, Kevin Thayer, Mike Davis and Mike Murphy. I'm glad that I was able to hang on for them for all the hours that were invested into this. True, listening to Murphy's jokes for 6 1/2 hours is a feat in itself. Mercifully, I was at the end of the line where I couldn't hear them.
    To answer a few questions that I saw come up... I was on a 34" Lex Sky Ski with a shock tower equipped with Cinch Max belt and foot stays. Flips were basic and switch wake rolls so that I wouldn't get dizzy and twist up the rope. Yes, I can do lots of other stuff on a hydrofoil, these inverts are just the fastest, most consistent rolls that I know how to do that take the least amount of effort to perform. I'm very sore right now, but not in the places that you would think. My quads feel like I just ran a marathon... I don't know why that is. My back and arms feel fine. I have areas on my feet, stomach and butt where the skin rubbed off...
    Training for this has been a months-long adventure, I trained like a triathlete but with a few waterski-specific exercises thrown in. I'm glad it's over so that I can tone it down and move onto something else.
    Lastly, I would like to thank Geno for giving us all something to shoot for... I'll never be able to ski like that guy, but if I can beat him at something, you know that I'm going to have to go for it. He's an awesome guy and a huge inspiration.
    Thanks again,
    Bill von Zabern

Chef Anton
    IP
    Here is the long awaited video of Bill's Amazing Feat
    Attached Files

IP

Rich R
    IP
    Bill,
    This is Rich...nice job I knew you were the best foiler in Canyon Lake congrats........

Rich R
    IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Anton View Post
    Here is a note I just received from Bill Von Zabern:

" Thanks everyone for your interest and support. I'm still pretty sore right now and in places that I never thought were possible. No permanent injuries at least! In all it was worth it. I had an awesome crew that came together to make this attempt possible and successful. Thanks to Al Van, Darren, Chef Anton, Karen, Kevin Thayer, Mike Davis and Mike Murphy. I'm glad that I was able to hang on for them for all the hours that were invested into this. True, listening to Murphy's jokes for 6 1/2 hours is a feat in itself. Mercifully, I was at the end of the line where I couldn't hear them.
    To answer a few questions that I saw come up... I was on a 34" Lex Sky Ski with a shock tower equipped with Cinch Max belt and foot stays. Flips were basic and switch wake rolls so that I wouldn't get dizzy and twist up the rope. Yes, I can do lots of other stuff on a hydrofoil, these inverts are just the fastest, most consistent rolls that I know how to do that take the least amount of effort to perform. I'm very sore right now, but not in the places that you would think. My quads feel like I just ran a marathon... I don't know why that is. My back and arms feel fine. I have areas on my feet, stomach and butt where the skin rubbed off...
    Training for this has been a months-long adventure, I trained like a triathlete but with a few waterski-specific exercises thrown in. I'm glad it's over so that I can tone it down and move onto something else.
    Lastly, I would like to thank Geno for giving us all something to shoot for... I'll never be able to ski like that guy, but if I can beat him at something, you know that I'm going to have to go for it. He's an awesome guy and a huge inspiration.
    Thanks again,
    Bill von Zabern

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456