Notices

Thread: New to the forum

1. New to the forum 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Hello All.
    New to this forum. Brian here I have been riding for about 8 years in northern Cali ( Bay area) I was bitten by the bug 8 years ago when I came across an Air Chair for a good price on Craigslist. I was a long time wake boarder before my first 'flight' and have been hooked ever since. I still put the wake boards on the rack in the boat but they seem to never get wet. I have since progressed and about 5 years ago moved on to a new Next foils set up. Around the same time I was practicing one of my wake rolls and of course wiped out It just so happened to be in front of another boater who had 2 foils on their boat. They stopped and introduced themselves and commented on how"painful" that wipe out looked ( with a smile on their faces) I explained that I was just getting used to my new foil set up with much larger wings than the beginner board I had been used to riding. They were kind enough to invite me onto their boat to " show me how it's done". When I hopped onto their boat and we did the introductions........to my surprise I had just met a 'pro rider' and former world champion ( I recognized him from you tube). So I nervously took a seat as he jumped into the water with his foil and proceeded to do every trick in the book in a run that lasted about 3 minutes. We exchanged numbers and I have been fortunate to have been riding with him pretty much every weekend for the last 5 years. So far I am consistently landing wake back rolls, most times landing gainers, working on wake front rolls. Hope to try and pick up fronts and helis next. However, right now I am happy being a ' 1 trick pony' LOL.

That's my story. Thank you all.

IP
    nice story as intro here, welcome

gear and end of the rope - endoftherope
    personal site including foiling videos and pictures - http://blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

"Pop it when you feel it"

IP
    That is great to hear. It is very inspirational especially to see those tricks in person! Hopefully it gave you a confidence boost to branch out. :)

Reverse Scorpion Professional
    Blog Entries
    IP
    Brian where do you ride ? We are up in no ca and come out of bay area and get out pretty often on week ends

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    We ride at Lake Bereyessa. Usually on Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings. We launch out of Putah resort which is at the top of the lake. We are in a yellow ski sanger and have 3 foils on the boat. 2 on the tower and 1 on the back.