Notices

Thread: Looking to upgrade from standard AC, is it worth it?

1. Looking to upgrade from standard AC, is it worth it? 
    Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Hi all,

I've had the standard Air Chair for a couple years now and am looking to upgrade to either a High Performance SkySki or AC.

1. I was wondering, how much of an improvement would I see in my riding by upgrading to one of these high end foils compared to my standard AC?

2. What differences in riding do you get from a high end Sky Ski vs Air Chair?

Would love some input, thanks!

Cole

IP
    Hi Cole,

Right now you are riding a Huffy and asking if a carbon fiber Specialized S-Works will make you a better rider. The new high end equipment is far superior and will allow you to go way further in your riding but you still need to put the time in to become a really good rider (not impossible on the old equipment but much harder). That said, some of the old school riders killed it on those old Huffy's.

The new high end skis will feel loose and will be much quicker than what you are now riding. You can be towed slower but will be able to get more air with the larger wings. The longer strut length will give you the ability to get you steeper angles on your jumps.

The differences in high end skis will be mostly personal preference, some like fast and quick while others like buttery with a little bit of drag. The differences you will feel will be mostly from the way you set up your ski and the choice of wings you bolt on.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss some options.

Face Planting Noob
    IP
    Is there anyone near you who foils? It's fun to ride a couple different set ups if you can and get a feel for what you like. It's a huge improvement to upgrade definately a game changer

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Hi all,

I've had the standard Air Chair for a couple years now and am looking to upgrade to either a High Performance SkySki or AC.

1. I was wondering, how much of an improvement would I see in my riding by upgrading to one of these high end foils compared to my standard AC?

2. What differences in riding do you get from a high end Sky Ski vs Air Chair?

Would love some input, thanks!

Cole
    1. Immediately? Some improvement. It will take some time to grow into it. I had a standard AC first, and it taught me a ton of bad habits. I haven't seen you ride, but everyone I have seen graduate from a standard AC has had to break those habits to progress. Once you settle in, the sky is literally the limit!

2. Smoother more consistent jumps. Bigger jumps. Easier tricks. Softer landings. More comfortable ride. More tuning adjustments. More upgrade possibilities. Need I go on? :)

If you can, try to find someone with some experience to ride with. At a minimum I would suggest to try and go to a fly-in before purchase.

IP
    Another reason to come down here in October if you haven't upgraded already by then. You can ride a couple of different setups and feel the difference.